Sign in to follow this  
Favre4Ever

The Irreplaceable Offensive Players

I honestly don't think Brown is THAT irreplaceable...

We've always had plenty of WR talent during Ben's career, but he never put up the numbers he was capable of due to OL issues and Arians playcalling. But now we have a better OL and a better OC calling plays, and suddenly Ben has a career year. Coincidence? I think not.

I would also point to the Ravens playoff game last year as an argument that Bell is more irreplaceable than Brown. We have never had a RB like Bell in Ben's career. Our offense was stagnant in that game for the most part because we missed Bell's dynamics. He can do it all on offense.

• Upvote 1

I honestly don't think Brown is THAT irreplaceable...

We've always had plenty of WR talent during Ben's career, but he never put up the numbers he was capable of due to OL issues and Arians playcalling. But now we have a better OL and a better OC calling plays, and suddenly Ben has a career year. Coincidence? I think not.

I would also point to the Ravens playoff game last year as an argument that Bell is more irreplaceable than Brown. We have never had a RB like Bell in Ben's career. Our offense was stagnant in that game for the most part because we missed Bell's dynamics. He can do it all on offense.

No WR is irreplaceable with the right QB. That's exactly what I was trying to illustrate earlier.

As for Le'Veon Bell, I'd say he's more irreplaceable than Antonio Brown is as well, but one thing the Steelers have had going against them is a lack of depth at RB whenever they've been without Bell. In 2013, the backup RBs were Isaac Redman, Jonathan Dwyer, Felix Jones and LaRod Stephens-Howling, who were all either a bunch of has-beens or never-weres. LeGarrette Blount was supposed to be that guy last season until he quit on the team, and they were left with Josh Harris and Ben Tate entering the playoffs. (To make matters worse, Tate was guilty of a bonehead play that directly contributed to the loss.) The good news is, now the Steelers have DeAngelo Williams, who I believe is capable of carrying the load for a few games while Bell is suspended.

Another factor in the playoff loss was the offensive line getting pushed around. Haloti Ngata abused them. (Thank God he's not in the AFC North anymore.) Show me a game the Steelers lost last season, and I'll show you a game when the offensive line got pushed around.

Not when you don't know if he'll be there every Sunday.

Ok bud, you tell me who you KNOW will be there every Sunday. While you're looking into your crystal ball over there, let me know who's gonna win the games from week to week so I can just move to Vegas and bet instead of work for awhile.

The hate is strong with this one...

Not when you don't know if he'll be there every Sunday.

bp1.gif

• Upvote 2