Sign in to follow this  
Sarge

What supplements do you take?

I'm considering getting dietary caffeine pills (if anything outside of normal caffeine pills exist) for my cut. They're pretty cheap from what I gather, and supposedly caffeine promotes fat burning if you take it in the morning. That and a breakfast that follows about an hour later are supposedly great for stimulating your metabolism.

In my experience....I'd stay away from caffeine pills....they can be quite intense & you'll probably crash later on.

As for me, I've gotten on both a multivitamin & fish oil. Both are made by MusclePharm...I was referred to MP for a protein powder but I decided to give their other supplements a try. As for a protein powder, I got a nice 5 lbs jug of ON Gold Standard; which I drink after workouts and randomly either at dinner or at night. And diet wise, I've learned how to grill salmon, steak, & chicken....hoping August will be a big month for me.

• Upvote 1

In my experience....I'd stay away from caffeine pills....they can be quite intense & you'll probably crash later on.

As for me, I've gotten on both a multivitamin & fish oil. Both are made by MusclePharm...I was referred to MP for a protein powder but I decided to give their other supplements a try. As for a protein powder, I got a nice 5 lbs jug of ON Gold Standard; which I drink after workouts and randomly either at dinner or at night. And diet wise, I've learned how to grill salmon, steak, & chicken....hoping August will be a big month for me.

I'm on thermogenics right now because my dad gave me his for free. I feel jittery for a while, and if I don't eat within an hour I get very jittery to the point where I can't hold something without it shaking, but I haven't crashed so far. If I can, I'll aim for caffeine pills that have a dosage of caffeine that won't send me over the top. Dunno, you could be totally right. Thermogenics/caffeine pills are something I haven't done a ton of research on. :p

Your diet sounds spot on. I've learned to grill this summer and it's been amazing. Not even talking about for lifting, just being able to go grill up some fish or something. People always told me diet was the biggest struggle with working out, but I didn't buy into it. When I shaped up my diet and started eating better, that's when I started seeing results. I lost something like 8 lbs between March and May just be completely eliminating fast food, even if it meant suffering through the munchies. :p

Edited by OSUViking

Nice man, was your original goal to cut weight or to gain muscle?

Nice man, was your original goal to cut weight or to gain muscle?

I was a skinny little shit, so I started gaining muscle. I did a very dirty and inefficient bulk until about December of 2014, and then started eating better. I did a very lazy cut that was pretty much just maintenance between January and May, but towards the end I cleaned up my diet even more and lost those eight pounds. I've gained back and lost that weight several times because of vacations and whatnot, but I've been good about my cardio recently. I'm starting to see some semblance of abs. :D

Gonna try these Multivitamins and Creatine I bought today.

What kind of creatine? If it's the regular monohydrate, it'll take about 3-4 weeks for you to start seeing any real increases in size and strength.

What kind of creatine? If it's the regular monohydrate, it'll take about 3-4 weeks for you to start seeing any real increases in size and strength.

Its monohydrate from Body tech.