Sign in to follow this  
Dutch

Rising and Falling Stars

A pretty self explanatory title here. List the players who you believe will rise and become stars in the league. Also list the current stars who you believe will decline.

Rising Stars:

:Vikings: Xavier Rhodes - I was very high on Rhodes coming out of college and he's been playing phenomenal football. He is truly on his way to elite status if he keeps it up and continues to improve.

:Eagles: Jordan Matthews - I most definitely think Matthews has future star written all over him. I don't think he will ever hit elite status, but will be a very productive player. I can see Matthews developing into a Marques Colston type player; possibly a bit better. I can see Matthews being a solid possession receiver catching a lot of balls, possibly getting 1000-1200 yards, a lot of YAC, and nice TD potential getting a few double digit TD seasons.

:jags: Allen Robinson - Allen Robinson was my top 2 favorite WR's coming out the draft. Had some injury issues and growing pains having a rookie QB, but I do believe Robinson will be special in this league. He's a little raw but I can truly see him making Dez Bryant type circus catches. Mini Dez in the making as far as ball skills and yac. Just probably not as strong.

:dolphins: Jarvis Landry - I'm not sure if he will technically be a star, be I do see Landry rising to becoming a solid productive play maker.

:Raiders: Derek Carr - I like this kid. I'm defying football logic picking a QB from the Raiders, but if the organization doesn't destroy him, I can really see him flourishing in this league.

:Raiders: Amari Cooper - Oops, he's a rookie. Am I saying something here?

Edit: Forgot falling stars :facepalm:

:Broncos: Emmanuel Sanders - Had a great season but don't think he is a true star to begin with. Product of the Manning effect and if Manning regresses, Sanders will take a huge hit. One less weapon with Julius Thomas for defenses to scheme for so Sanders will have less decoys taking defenses attention.

:Ravens: Justin Forsett - Very solid season but not a believer that he can continue to put out that production.

:Chiefs: Jeremy Maclin - Had a career year with Chip Kelly and put up some great numbers. Going to the Chiefs with Alex Smith's check down to 5 yard noodle arm passing abilities no doubt bring Maclin's numbers right down to the ground.

Edited by Dutch

Peyton Manning was a product of the Manny Sanders effect last year. Dude got bailed out more times than AIG :coffee:

You know you really wanted to put Demaryius Thomas there anyway :smug:

Edited by theMileHighGuy
  • Upvote 1

Declining NFL Stars: Antonio Gates(TE-SD), Frank Gore(RB-IND), Vernon Davis(TE-SF)

Rising NFL Stars: Teddy Bridgewater(QB-MIN), Jeremy Hill(RB-CIN), Martavis Bryant(WR-PIT)

• Upvote 1

On the decline?

:Saints: Brees

:Broncos: Manning

:Cardinals: Fitzgerald

On the rise?

:Ravens: CJ Mosely

:panthers: Benjamin

:Cardinals: Mathieu

One from each team of the division.

Falling

:Giants: Victor Cruz

:Eagles: Brandon Boykin

:Cowboys: Tony Romo

:Redskins: DeSean Jackson

Rising

:Giants: Eli Manning

:Eagles: Jordan Matthews

:Cowboys: Byron Jones

:Redskins: Ryan Kerrigan

One from each team of the division.

Falling

:Giants: Victor Cruz

:Eagles: Brandon Boykin

:Cowboys:Tony Romo

:Redskins: DeSean Jackson

Rising

:Giants: Eli Manning

:Eagles: Jordan Matthews

:Cowboys: Byron Jones

:Redskins: Ryan Kerrigan

He just had his best season ever last year....

He just had his best season ever last year....

Which is why he will plummet :no:

It excites me that there are several rising stars on the Vikings right now, but at the same time I'm too cautious to buy into the hype wholesale. Just from my team though, I'd have to say: Teddy Bridgewater, Charles Johnson (hopefully), Xavier Rhodes, Everson Griffen, Sharif Floyd, Anthony Barr, and Jerick McKinnon.

I should note that I consider these rising stars with respect to the Vikings' organization, not necessarily with respect to the NFL as a whole. Also, I included Everson Griffen because he was kind of a role player/rotational guy when Jared Allen is here, and from what I've read he played a very solid season in his first time as a season-long starter.

Rising

Mike Evans

Jeremy Hill

Falling

Larry Fitzgerald

Drew Brees