Sign in to follow this  
oochymp

Fantasy Leagues for Recruiting

There's been talk about trying to recruit new members and I thought fantasy football could be a good way to do that, I created this thread to gauge interest.

The idea would be that we would get a bunch of people from the board to create leagues on Yahoo, ESPN, NFL.com, wherever you want, leaving space open to the general public. I'm thinking get 8 or 9 of us into a public 10 team league. The goal is that we would get random people joining these leagues, enjoying a competitive fantasy league, and realizing that this board exists as a place full of knowledgeable NFL fans and would come and join. This is obviously a little more intensive as far as recruiting goes, but I think it'll be well targeted for the type of people who might stick around here and we all play fantasy anyway so what's another league or two that you don't really have to care about the outcome? The clear downside is the rando(s) might not know what they're doing or might stop caring halfway through the season, but that's been an issue in most of the official TGP leagues I've been in anyway.

If there's enough interest I'm fine with commishing a league, I'd use the ESPN standard rules (I think we might be less likely to actually have people join if we use custom rules) so who's in?

I'm game

I think we're gonna need more than three ...

I will be game if i can. Im going to try and make sure im in the other 2 leagues im in on this site.

Work coming up i might not even be able for all 3 lol. So keep my "Im In" with little foundation.

so we've got a tentative four, anyone else?