Sign in to follow this  
RazorStar

Panthers resign Charles Johnson

Just a 1 year 3 million deal, apparently other teams offered more, but he wanted to stay on a champion. Panthers save 8 million by dumping his awful Hurney contract, so props to them for a great resigning.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000642524/article/charles-johnson-agrees-to-return-to-carolina-panthers

Great move by Gettleman again. And CJ surprised the hell out of me. The man's nickname is Big Money, and he turned down six mil/year from the Bucs and Giants.

Money apparently isn't Charles motive at this point. He wants to win and I think he made the best move to do so. Solid move by the Panthers front office.

It's nice that Carolina is a place now where at least a few players want to play even if it means less money. Not saying we're *the* destination or anything, but people giving the Panthers a hometown discount is pretty cool.

Carolina is most definitely the place to be right now in the league. Nothing but a young nucleus of talented players with a bonafide game changing franchise QB and a stellar defense. Johnson knew this was his best shot to possibly be apart of something great. I am eager to see if the Panthers will get a long term deal done with Norman or keep him at tag price. We saw two CBs get solid contracts with Janoris Jenkins getting the huge contract. Norman will by default command much more.