Sign in to follow this  
oochymp

Matt Hasselbeck Retires

QB Matthew Hasselbeck retires from the NFL and joins ESPN as an NFL analyst

Quarterback Matthew Hasselbeck announced his retirement on Wednesday and will join ESPN as an NFL analyst.
Hasselbeck will be part of ESPN's Sunday NFL Countdown and Monday Night Countdown this fall.
Hasselbeck, 40, was one the NFL's best stories last season with the Indianapolis Colts. He kept the Colts in the AFC South race by winning his first four starts in place of the injured Andrew Luck.

Sounds like he's replacing Ditka on Sunday NFL Countdown

What are the Colts going to do at QB now that their best player at the position has retired?

I wondered who was going to receive the unwarranted hate from tgp now that Manning has retired, fitting that it's Luck

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

If you are only noticing it now, you haven't been paying attention. Bad QBs get hate, it's how the system works.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

you're right, the unwarranted hate has been directed toward Luck from many members here, but I'm wondering if that'll pick up now that Manning has retired (though maybe I'm being optimistic to say the Manning hate will subside with his retirement)

*checks Manning hate* *Stills hate Peyton*

Oh no what am I gonna do, I need to find a new QB to hate...

hopefully its Faepernick :smug:

you're right, the unwarranted hate has been directed toward Luck from many members here, but I'm wondering if that'll pick up now that Manning has retired (though maybe I'm being optimistic to say the Manning hate will subside with his retirement)

As one of the worst QBs in the league a year ago, I would consider the hate warranted. When you are playing like the worst, you shouldn't get talked about like you are one of the best.

I don't understand why people allow public opinion to have power over and influence their own opinions and feelings on players. It can go to either extreme. Blindly following suit of popular opinion or allowing ill feelings to manifest toward the player because of popular opinion; which in fact the player themselves have no control over. Either extreme is allowing the media to have authority over your own opinion/thoughts/feelings of a player which is still becoming a slave to the media. Hate the media, not the player. Balanced perspective is needed.

Edit: Also, shout out to Matt Hasselbeck. He's had some solid seasons in this league.

Edited by Dutch

As one of the worst QBs in the league a year ago, I would consider the hate warranted. When you are playing like the worst, you shouldn't get talked about like you are one of the best.

but was he really? when you take into account the sub-par receiving options he had and the shitty oline he's playing behind I'd say he did an adequate job, I wouldn't give him any more credit than that and he certainly didn't perform to expectations and I don't think he belongs in the conversation of best QBs, but there were at least a dozen QBs who started games last year that were worse

1378987074000-XXX-c02-sanchez-26.jpg

QB, not Delivery Boy.

• Upvote 2