Sign in to follow this  
Favre4Ever

Sterling Shepard Turning Heads

"I just feel like I really know what he's capable of," Beckham raved this week, "and I'd rather let him just shock the world than spill his secrets. ... He was definitely a steal, a guy that could have gone first round."

Beckham acknowledged that Shepard has committed a few mental errors as the former Oklahoma star learns the Giants' offense. If the pro game slows down for him in training camp, Shepard will be a lock to enter the season as the second fiddle to two-time Pro Bowler Beckham.

At that point, it will be fair to wonder if Eli Manning can challenge for the league lead in passing touchdowns after finishing one score behind Tom Brady's 36 last season.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000670028/article/rookie-buzz-giants-sterling-shepard-drawing-raves

I know it is just preseason stuff, but the kid did look fantastic coming into the league. Thought him being selected where he did was just insane... Giants offense could do some special things this year.

Edited by Favre4Ever
  • Upvote 1

Loved Sterling as well :clap: glad to here. Him and Odell gonna be a problem. Sterling's route running is already really fucking good, he got open better than any other incoming rookie this year IMO.

In terms of consistency it'd be tough to disagree with that Camp. :yep: Doctson and Coleman are athletic beasts but had such limited route-running. Fuller was a one trick pony. Treadwell was all physicality. Shepard was just a bitch to cover.

In terms of consistency it'd be tough to disagree with that Camp. :yep: Doctson and Coleman are athletic beasts but had such limited route-running. Fuller was a one trick pony. Treadwell was all physicality. Shepard was just a bitch to cover.

I want 5-6 of those WRs on my team, ha.

The great thing is that Shepard coming on as he is, if he continues this into the season then the speed of Harris, Shepard and Beckham Jr is going to be unreal. Our passing game will be a real speed kills offense if you add in Vareen on passing downs. It would also take some pressure off of Cruz and his return.

If the RB's can continue like they did late last year and this will be one high powered offence.