Sign in to follow this  
Vin

Kyle Rudolph is delusional

or a football player. You decide.

Kyle Rudolph believes he's the best tight end in the NFL.

"Route running and catching balls, to many, is all that matters," Rudolph reasoned. "But it’s also (about) being one of the best blockers, one of the best pass protectors." Rudolph went on to say he believes fantasy football hurts his reputation. "The world revolves around fantasy football ... But I know that when I come to work every Monday, and I (watch) the film, I may have only caught two balls, but if I did my job in the run game and pass protection, (Vikings coach Mike Zimmer) is going to be happy." Rudolph is correct that no one will ever mistake his passing game numbers for elite. He's incorrect that his game is amongst the league's most well rounded. Pro Football Focus graded him as the league's No. 35 tight end in 2016. We'd say that sounds about right. Happy offseason.

I stand by what I was saying last year... Blocking for a tight end is really not all that valuable. Rudolph wasn't better then Ebron last year, and Ebron isn't even a top 10 TE right now.

Rudolph is an idiot who is going to lose his job to MyCole Pruitt in a matter of months.

I dig players that are confident outwardly. I see no issue with this.