Sign in to follow this  
BwareDWare94

Most Frustrating Home and Work Products

What are some products you deal with on a day to day basis at work or at home that frustrate the hell out of you?

For me, it's Stihl Chainsaws. When working they're a fine product, and I do appreciate all the safety steps Stihl has taken to prevent mouthbreathers from injuring themselves upon startup, but quite frankly, a new Stihl Chainsaw has to be the hardest-to-start small engine product I've ever seen. It doesn't matter if you follow the step-by-step startup guide. It doesn't matter if you hold the trigger down after becoming frustrated with proper startup, the fucking things simply fire up when they want to fire up, and when they don't want to fire up is usually when you need the fucking chainsaw the most. Safety is great. Darwin awards are better.

Dunno what you're using the chainsaw for so maybe the job is too big for what I'm going to recommend(or maybe you don't have an electrical source close enough to use it), but a few years back my gas chainsaw kept giving me fits and off the recommendation of a friend I bought an eletrical/corded chainsaw made by GreenWorks.

Short of the chain occasionally catching(which happened even with my gas chainsaw so I don't really care), I've never had a single issue with the chainsaw. I've cut down moderately sized trees and use it when needed to chop up fallen limbs and shit like that as well.

THis isn't the exact model I have but judging by reviews seems pretty similar in quality - https://www.amazon.com/GreenWorks-20012-14-Inch-Corded-Chainsaw/dp/B0030BG1F4

Only downside is I ended up needing to buy a bunch of extension cord lol but the extension cord has come in handy many times even regardless of the chainsaw and given the chainsaw only takes plugging it in to get it to start(also have to maintain the oil, of course) and never gives me any fits like my gas chainsaw did, I'm not complaining at all.