Sign in to follow this  
Favre4Ever

Patriot Players "Blindsided" By Collins Trade

As it turns out, we aren't alone in scratching our heads over the New England Patriots' latest blockbuster. Collins' former teammates are still trying to process the loss of a 2015 second-team All-Pro selection.

"Jamie is a huge piece of our defense, arguably our best defensive player," Pro Bowl safety Devin McCourty said in an interview with CSN New England. "So there's gonna be a lot of changes that come from this move and I think as players that has to be our focus -- how do we fix things and get things going in a positive direction."

To hear McCourty tell it, Patriots players were blindsided by the move.

"When you get a guy like Jamie who was here for four years, on the team, very productive player," McCourty explained, "to lose him is a bit shocking I think to everyone on the team."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000731869/article/mccourty-shocking-for-patriots-to-trade-jamie-collins

They will get over it because Hoodie... but should the Pats have shipped Collins who they likely would have gotten a 3rd round pick for anyway?

Edited by Favre4Ever

What's crazy to me is that no playoff contender tried to give up a 2nd for him before the Browns got him.

It'd be funny if BB was planning on placing some of Collins' responsibilities on KVN this whole time, though.

laugh all you want,this is one nail in the coffin of them not having an SB season and maybe even missing the playoffs.

lmao

laugh all you want,this is one nail in the coffin of them not having an SB season and maybe even missing the playoffs.

Bro im fucking with you. You do say some "out of this world" shit at times.