Sign in to follow this  
DonovanMcnabb for H.O.F

Norv Turner Resigns

Because Vin hasn't made a thread about it yet. :disgust:

Minnesota Vikings offensive coordinator Norv Turner resigned Wednesday, following the team's second straight loss.

"I have tremendous respect for [head coach] Mike Zimmer, our coaching staff and our players and at this time I think it is in the best interest of the team to step down," Turner said in a statement. "I thank the Wilf family for my time here in Minnesota and want to see our players and coaches achieve success."

ESPN

Pure, 100% cowardice on his part.

Yeah, I really don't see this as anything other than him not wanting his name attached to such an awful offense. norv pls

Norv should just retire. He sucks and has for year.

Edited by seanbrock

Wouldn't be surprised to see some college hire him just based off name recognition to help with recruiting.

Let's be real though, he really wasn't doing that much for the Vikings as is. Their offense hasn't been all that good, not just this year but in years prior and he's shown the unwillingness to fit his offense to the personal.

Matt Asiata being used a scat back the other day was extremely laughable. Although he's not even a good power back so it doesn't matter either way.

Still though, resigns are extremely rare, and I think he was pressured into resigning.

Shurmur has been with Bradford since forever, they probably feel more comfortable with him calling the shots at this point -- although I'm still not entirely sure why.