Sign in to follow this  
Favre4Ever

Viking DBs Went Rogue, Ditched Gameplan

Minnesota Vikings defensive backs went rogue in Saturday's loss to the Green Bay Packers.

Coach Mike Zimmer planned for corner Xavier Rhodes to shadow Jordy Nelson the entire game.

Instead, Vikings corners decided to each play their side of the field.

"To be honest, I really don't want to answer that," Rhodes said, via The Star Tribune, then explained what happened.

"A matter of fact, forget it. We felt as a team, as players, we came together and we felt like we'd never done that when we played against the Packers," Rhodes said. "Us as DBs felt like we could handle him. That's how we felt as DBs that we could stay on our side and cover him. In the beginning, we'd always played against them and played our sides, so that's what we as DBs went with."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000762964/article/minnesota-vikings-dbs-ditch-mike-zimmers-game-plan

Wow, talk about stupid. Thanks, I guess.

Edited by Favre4Ever

This is infuriating, and completely out of character for Rhodes and Newman. Makes no sense, whatsoever. If I'm Zimmer, I bench both of them if possible for the final game of the season against Chicago since the Vikings are eliminated, anyway. This pains me to say because Rhodes is my favorite Viking, and probably my favorite NFL player.

Xavier Rhodes should be a following corner, at this point. The guy is a fucking stud. The rest of the CB depth chart should understand that and let the best guy wipe the opposing #1 off the field, which he does damn near every weekend.

Here's to hoping the NFL isn't becoming like the NBA where 95% of the coaches are just arbitrary because the "players know best!"

Evidence:

Jordy Nelson versus Rhodes yesterday. 2 catches for 19 yards, and Rhodes supposedly shadowed him when he lined up outside after the first series. Most of Nelson's damage was done out of the slot.

Edited by BwareDWare94