Sign in to follow this  
seanbrock

"American Values"

ITT: Ngata burns PE worse than everyone else combined.

• Upvote 1

I made this thread because of all the hoopla about the flag and what it means. I think a lot of people say the flag is a representation of American Values. To me, American values are, yes working hard for what you have but it's also about helping your fellow man. It's about "Liberty and Justice For All."I don't know if our government and our military (or at least those in charge of it) represent those values but even in what is by far the most turbulent times I've lived through in this country you still see people giving what they can to help those affected by natural disaster, the massive amount of money that's raised by people for cancer and all kinds of stuff.

I think the reason why black athletes (and some of their white teammates) are protesting the anthem is because they see that right now our society isn't living up to the "Liberty and Justice For All" aspect of American values and to me that is so much more important than nationalism, patriotism and ESPECIALLY propaganda. The NFL is PAID by the US military to have the players come out for the anthem. It's a meaningless ceremony for propaganda purposes only.