The Falcon

Last TV Show You Watched?

Well, damn. Kind of expected given the low ratings, but still disappointing to see.

http://screencrush.com/awake-cancelled/

Sigh. With life, must come death. An especially aggravating death considering NBC’s ‘Whitney’ just got renewed for a second season and Dane Cook just picked up his own series on the network, but death nonetheless. It would seem that in spite of a small ratings upturn and measured critical praise of the series, ‘Awake‘ will not see another day. Along with four other NBC comedies down, the network is also passing on any remaining pilots. So who’s among the fallen?

NBC’s freshman critically-acclaimed drama ‘Awake’ has gone gentle into that good night, on the same day that saw ‘Parks and Recreation,’ ‘Up All Night,’ and ‘Whitney’ renewed for additional seasons. Last night’s episode “Say Hello to My Little Friend” experiences a small surge in the show’s meager ratings, including a favored turn by ‘Alias’ star Kevin Weisman, but ultimately wasn’t enough for NBC to stave off the reaper.

Joining ‘Awake’ in cancellation are three of NBC’s freshman comedy lineup, including three-camera ‘Whitney’ partner ‘Are You There, Chelsea,’ along with recent entry ‘Best Friends Forever’ and the short-lived, but critically-praised ‘Bent.’ Additionally, NBC has decided to pass on any prospective pilots not already ordered to series.

We can at least take solace in the fact that two episodes of ‘Awake’ yet remains, even if any ratings upturn wouldn’t be enough to change NBC’s mind, or the fact that ‘Parks and Recreation’ and ‘Community,’ the network’s most-acclaimed with longest odds series, have been each renewed.

Sigh, nature of the business.

I think that "Awake" was a bit too much for the average TV viewer to understand. These days, TV dramas have to be about lawyers or some form of 'reality' show in order to have much success.

Personally, I thought that Awake was (is) a fantastic show, even if the average American is too lazy to have to think a bit while watching. Shame on NBC.

Awake was a great show :yep:

It didn't belong on NBC anyway. Way too deep, and way too thought provoking.

I can't believe a show that good was cancelled. It didn't belong on NBC. It belonged on a network that produces good TV shows like one of the premium networks or AMC. Very sad to see it going. This last episode was especially good. OH well, kinda sucks it wont be developed further but I'll try to enjoy the finale nonetheless.

I guess we can always hope that another network picks it up, I know that doesn't happen very often, but it is good to have some hope.

I guess we can always hope that another network picks it up, I know that doesn't happen very often, but it is good to have some hope.

I think the creator stated firmly that it would not go to another network.

I think the creator stated firmly that it would not go to another network.

Figures, it would be nice, though.

So, what did you guys think about the "Awake" series finale?

I thought it was a very good episode, and a very nice conclusion. There was nothing spelled out for the viewer, as there hasn't been the entire series. Britten made it clear that both of his realities, were in fact part of a dream state. My thought is that he is in fact... dead, himself.

But he has both his wife and son with him now, so he is at peace.

Edited by Favre4Ever

I got in to Justified 2 weeks ago, halfway through the 2nd season now. It's an outstanding show. I usually hate the law enforcement type shows, Law and Order SVU and now this being the only exceptions. It's excellent acting combined with amazing story telling.

The realism is lacking at times, but still an outstanding show.

Finally watched the Awake finale.

No major complaints. Nothing is cleared up as far as Britton goes, but atleast there was a resolution to the main story arc. Probably could've done without the Inception-esque ending, but it's not something that really takes away from it.

To be fair.. They had that ending planned from the beginning. They didn't throw it together just because they got cancelled. That was their Season 1 ending, cancelled or not.

I am 4 episodes into the first season of Mad Men, and I fucking love it so far.

Just watched the finale of Awake.

I am generally not a fan of happy endings to shows like this, but I think this was a perfect way to bring things to a close. Whether or not he was dreaming did not matter in the long run, he accomplished his goal: to get his family back.

Seems like im the only person here who happens to be a History geek... But if anybody else watches History Channel...

The Hatfield & McCoy is such a good program, I saw part 1 and 2 and wasn't sure if there was a part 3 till I was halfway finished watching part 2 so I never recorded it. Now I gotta wait till Saturday. >_>

Started watching "Castle" a couple weeks ago. A good but not great show. I like the whole murder mystery genre. I like to try solving the case with the cast as the show progresses. And Castle does a nice job with twists and not always making it someone completely obvious.

Plus, I really like Nathan Fillion. Not sure I would be watching if he weren't in it.

• Upvote 1

http://blogs.amctv.com/the-walking-dead/2012/05/the-walking-dead-preview-weekend.php

AMC announced today The Walking Dead Season 3 Preview Weekend on Sat., Jul. 7 and Sun., Jul. 8 beginning at 11:30AM/10:30c each day. Airing just one week before Comic-Con, the two-day programming event will feature a marathon of all 19 episodes from the series' critically acclaimed first two seasons, culminating with a Talking Dead live primetime special on Sun., Jul. 8 at 9/8c. The one-time-only airing of Talking Dead, hosted by Chris Hardwick (Nerdist), will be followed by a never-before-seen black and white version of The Walking Dead pilot episode at 10/9c. The special version of the series' first episode was created specifically for fans of The Walking Dead, as it holds true to the original black and white comic book, written by Robert Kirkman.

Still watching Castle... Castle (Fillion's Character) came out in a Malcolm Reynolds costume...

"What are you supposed to be"

>> " A space cowboy"

"Didn't you wear that like 5 years ago?"

>> " Ya, so?"

"Don't you think it's time you moved on?"

So awesome.

Edited by Favre4Ever

Still watching Castle... Castle (Fillion's Character) came out in a Malcolm Reynolds costume...

"What are you supposed to be"

>> " A space cowboy"

"Didn't you wear that like 5 years ago?"

>> " Ya, so?"

"Don't you think it's time you moved on?"

So awesome.

"Ah, hell, Shepherd, I ain't looking for help from on high. That's a long wait for a train don't come. "

Even as a fairly religious man, Fillion delivered this line and the earth moved, I swear. Firefly (or was this in Serenity? Same thing, anyway) being canceled was without a doubt the greatest TV atrocity in television's history.

Y'all try name one TV show better than Firefly, let alone one that's more original and thought provoking. Find me a better cast. Go ahead, try it.

I loved Shepard Book(e?)... I was sad when he... ya. :(