The Falcon

Last TV Show You Watched?

That renewal is just to save face Bay.

That renewal is just to save face Bay.

The series, which is an extension of the hit film franchise created by Kevin Williamson and Wes Craven, premiered June 30 to 1.03 million viewers. Over the course of the show's first five episodes, Scream has averaged 60 percent increases in Live+3 over Live+Same day ratings week-to-week.

Totally just saving face though. :pls:

Totally just saving face though. :pls:

It's on MTV with like a .6 rating Mile. Correct me if I was wrong about the Backstrom cancellation.

Even though it's renewed, I just don't see it living after season 2.

Edited by Spartan Havoc

Thankfully I think we're moving away from relying solely on live viewership numbers and are instead factoring in dvr numbers and whatnot as well.

It's on MTV with like a .6 rating Mile. Correct me if I was wrong about the Backstrom cancellation.

Even though it's renewed, I just don't see it living after season 2.

That's fine with me. It only needs 3 seasons max.

http://www.channel4.com/info/press/news/humans-charges-up-for-a-second-series

Channel 4 (Indian Summers, No Offence, Utopia) and AMC (The Walking Dead, Better Call Saul) confirmed today that the critically acclaimed series Humans has been recommissioned for a second series.

The first episode consolidated at 6.1m making it Channel 4’s highest rated originated drama in 20 years. Series 1 of Humans has attracted an average of 4.8million viewers* per episode and an 18.0% share of the viewing audience on Sundays from 9-10pm. Every Sunday the series attracts the highest share of 16-34 year old viewers to its time slot with an impressive average share of 26% of Channel 4’s key demographic – triple the slot average. On AMC the series stands as a top five cable drama launch among adults 25-54 in the U.S. So far, season one has averaged 2.0 million viewers and 1.0 million adults 25-54 through its first four episodes in live+3 ratings.

Humans has been described as “a terrific mix of panache and creepiness” (Sunday Times Culture) “truly a drama for our times” (The Independent) and “smart and dark….one of 2015’s dramatic hits” (The Guardian) and is based on the award-winning Swedish sci-fi drama “Real Humans” from Matador Films.

Set in a parallel present, the series explores what happens when the lines between humans and machines are blurred. The series will return for eight brand new episodes, with production starting next year.

The first series tapped into society’s preoccupation with and mistrust of advancing technology and artificial intelligence. What does it mean to be human? Can the very traits through which we define humanity (love, trust, loyalty, friendship, sacrifice) be taught? What really is family? Exploring humans’ inherent fear of the unknown and the possible implications of granting machines consciousness, the final episode will leave viewers on a thrilling cliff-hanger – will the synth family come together and find a way to create sentience in others like them?

Piers Wenger, Head of Drama at Channel 4 said; “Humans has proved a huge hit with both audiences and critics alike this summer and we owe a huge debt of gratitude to writers Sam Vincent and Jonathan Brackley and to the team at Kudos for bringing a truly unmissable show to life. It also marks a key moment for Channel 4 as we expand our remit for bold and original drama into the international, co-production space. We look forward to working with our partners AMC on series 2 of Humans and to more Synth-related adventures to come".

Derek Wax, Executive Producer, Kudos added; “As producers, we’re so thrilled to have been able to work with Sam and Jon on such provocative and challenging ideas and stories. We’re delighted that viewers have connected with the series so wholeheartedly and look forward to continuing the wonderfully collaborative relationship with Channel 4 and AMC. And of course, going back to Synth School to learn some new moves for series two”

Joel Stillerman, President of Original Programming and Development for AMC and Sundance TV, said; “We’re so pleased to announce a second season of Humans and extend our terrific partnership with Channel 4, Kudos and the stellar cast, crew and writers Sam and Jonathan. As one of the year’s top new cable series, ‘Humans’ has been embraced by fans and critics across the U.S. and UK. We’re looking forward to continuing this very captivating story and further exploring the show’s parallel, Synth-filled world that hits so disturbingly close to home.”

Humans is written by Sam Vincent and Jonathan Brackley (Spooks, Spooks: The Greater Good), the series is produced by Kudos (Broadchurch, Utopia) in association with Matador Films. Executive producers are Derek Wax (The Hour, Occupation, Lip Service) and Chris Fry (The Smoke, Spooks) for Kudos, Sam Vincent and Jonathan Brackley and Henrik Widman and Lars Lundström for Matador Films. Commissioned for Channel 4 by Simon Maxwell and Beth Willis, and Joel Stillerman and Kristin Jones for AMC.

I don't know if anyone else on here is watching this, but you should be.

• Upvote 1

Mr. Robot is one of the greatest shows released this year. Episode 6 alone has to be one of the top episodes of this year.

Just finished Season 2 of True Detective. Not as good as the first season, as it felt very scatter-brained and it was hard to tell what was going on for most of the season. The last two or three episodes were pretty damn good though.

Mr. Robot episode last night :ooo:

This show is like Fight Club/Hackers/American Psycho and even little dashes of Star Wars given last night's episode. :rock:

Edited by CampinWithGoatSampson

Last two Scream episodes. :notbad:

This show is finally getting somewhere. 5 people have been killed in 7 episodes. Killer(s) is going to be revealed by the end of the season. :ooo:

Edited by Bay

Big Brother

• Upvote 1

I don't know if anyone else on here is watching this, but you should be.

I watched the last 6 episodes in one sitting. I can't wait for next season.

Kind of a slow start for Fear the Walking Dead, but obviously it's going to pick up. I love that we're getting a ground zero origin story this time.

• Upvote 1

It was a little slow, but obviously I expected that a little. That doesn't worry me so much. What I am worried about is these characters. It seems so Soap-Operaish right now. I hope that changes a little.

Idk about some of the characters either. I like that dude from The Fountain, but is he really gonna be this show's Rick? Idk if I see that, yet.

I kinda thought Cal would've been an awesome character to keep around for a while. He was a cool completely two-faced dude, and a pretty good actor.

Idk if I can see myself getting attached to any of these characters like I do with the other cast.

I watched like 3/4 of the first ep of Humans... It's too slow for my tastes.

Tried Humans. It's ok but not as great as people made it out to be.

I am going to get on Fear The Walking Dead.

I watched like 3/4 of the first ep of Humans... It's too slow for my tastes.

Tried Humans. It's ok but not as great as people made it out to be.

I am going to get on Fear The Walking Dead.

dr-who-rain.gif

• Upvote 1

All the actresses stated that tonight will be the best Scream episode. Could see it topping the best one so far which was "In the Trenches", #7.

All the actresses stated that tonight will be the best Scream episode. Could see it topping the best one so far which was "In the Trenches", #7.

So, who was the killer and how was the finale?

So, who was the killer and how was the finale?

Killer was Piper. People are upset it was a Scream 3 clone. It appears she was working with Audrey who in the end burned some evidence.

Finale was good, very Scream 1 with the house party murders. Nobody is ever happy. They hate the motive and want higher body counts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0Wc50iEOtc

I feel like these have already been brought up before (by Razor maybe?), but they're pretty hilarious, even if you're not a DBZ fan.

Edited by Vin

I'm watching The 100. It has an interesting concept and nice plot so far.