Vin

The Walking Dead

Plot/comic armor.

I hope they show more flashbacks of Michonne past. We learned why she was so distant from Judith for a long time and finally had a break down. For being the 1st episode of the midseason it was pretty good.

The Michonne stuff was great. LOVED the opening. I figured we would fast forward 80 years and just look down on the graves of all of the group, but they had a much smoother transition this time around -- which is a nice change.

The stuff with Carl though was just ridiculous, IMO. Granted, I hate the character anyway, so I am biased... but it's just him running around getting chased by walkers, pouting, eating pudding, ties knots with cables, and has real issues using doors. There was nothing new on Carl's front, IMO. We all know already that he is slowly growing, becoming more independent.. But is still a pouty little prick who needs help and guidance to a certain degree. That's been established already.

As you explained, we saw depth behind Michonne.. We saw why she has acted the way she has, a little more of what makes her tick... The ups, the downs, the neutral. It was an exploration of her character and a lot of it was pretty new. Everything regarding Carl was just retread, from my perspective.

Having Carl see that he's not the badass he thinks he is should help things some.

Maybe.

I hope.

I am so happy to have finally gotten some background on Michonne, it was pretty clear early on that she was damaged goods, but to see why adds so much more depth.

I really wished they would have shown more of the rest of the group, not just the three.

And Judith. I want to know what happened to her. Did the little girls take her away in time? Was she eaten by the Walkers?

I found Carl's mega up kicks amusing, show has been going downhill since season 1.

How long are we able to keep up that facade... I, too, still think it will turn around.. But man, this show is just super inconsistent. Can't wait for the spin off. Hopefully they fix those consistency issues in a 2nd attempt.

I knew this shit was gonna happen. 1st episode wasn't that bad though. But its going to be a ton of flashback this season. Everyone is likely going to get one.

Abraham is gonna be epic. I hope. Think I said the same thing about Tyreese and things haven't completely materialized with that yet.

Edited by Vin

I knew this shit was gonna happen. 1st episode wasn't that bad though. But its going to be a ton of flashback this season. Everyone is likely going to get one.

I think the pile of shit we just watched makes a poor Episode 1 look that much better. Thank goodness I have House of Cards to occupy me.

• Upvote 1

I think the pile of shit we just watched makes a poor Episode 1 look that much better. Thank goodness I have House of Cards to occupy me.

I went on a super binge and finished House of Cards already. So now all I have faith in is True Detective and Shameless on Sunday Nights. :(

• Upvote 1

I am trying to pace myself on Cards, but proving to be very very difficult.Only have two episodes left and will probably finish when I wake up in a couple hours. lmao. :sigh:

I went on a super binge and finished House of Cards already. So now all I have faith in is True Detective and Shameless on Sunday Nights. :(

Shameless is a good show. i rarely catch it whens it on though :(

• Upvote 2

Anyone else excited for TWD spin off show? Apparently it's going to be about a different group in a different part of the country. Could be interesting, I think it's by the same people that write for TWD, which is probably a bad thing, but it seems like they're dedicated to making this a pretty important show.

• Upvote 1

I honestly think the biggest issue is using the comics as a backdrop. Everything has to be pigeon-holed in to happening a certain way instead of being able to organically progress. And don't dare try to deviate too much from the comics, because then you'll piss off the comic book fans, and we can't have that.

5vFDlPg.jpg

Edited by Vin

:no: Did that demented girl kill those bunnies? Andddddd it was pretty hard to watch her strangle Judith.

Edited by BJORN

:no: Did that demented girl kill those bunnies? Andddddd it was pretty hard to watch her strangle Judith.

Most likely. It was probably also her who dissected that rat or whatever it was back when they were still at the prison. Yay Deus Ex Carol!

Fortunately, I am not a picky fan of the show. I just don't see what was so horrible about the episode. Why, exactly, would they not have a few flashbacks to show what happened after they were separated after the prison? It would have been pretty silly to have them all magically reappear together in some new utopia, would it not?

Edited by Duck Fallas

Yea. Didn't mind the ep either Chia. Was relatively entertained throughout and had some pretty decent suspenseful moments.

:nonono; This show has more filler episodes than anything I've ever watched.

Not a bad episode, really. But Daryl and Beth (mainly Beth) aren't interesting enough to carry an entire episode by themselves.

Judging from the previews next week:

I'm going to be really surprised if no one dies. Or at the very least gets bitten

Horrible episode. I don't even mind that it was filler. It was just bad. 3/4 of it was me wishing Beth would get bit. The other 1/4 was a solid back story evolving of characters, but nothing ground breaking or really worthy if sitting through 45 minutes of garbage for.