Vin

The Walking Dead

At least Rick never killed his companion on a supply run so he could save himself.

• Downvote 1

At least Rick never killed his companion on a supply run so he could save himself.

So he could save Carl, his best friend's son, the son of the woman he loved, and one of two reasons he even cared to be alive in the first place. C'mon now.

He didn't even try, he just straight up shot him.

Shane only cared about himself and sexing up Lori.

I'm now flashing back to the early seasons and it's making me upset thinking of all the annoying people who were still alive.

I like that shit is hitting the fan and getting intense, but this whole Alexandria storyline still feels really rushed. I sense that after the season finale, either

A: the group will leave and be back on the road again, or

b: they'll miraculously reconcile, resulting in an anticlimactic finale.

Shane only cared about himself and sexing up Lori.

I'm now flashing back to the early seasons and it's making me upset thinking of all the annoying people who were still alive.

Nope. There was no way out of it. Either they both died, effectively killing Carl, or one of them was sacrificed for the survivor and Carl.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFzEWXTTnBU

Shane only cared about Lori and Carl, and to a lesser extent, Rick. The world ended, he had to leave his best friend to die, he fell in love with his best friend's wife and was protecting her and her son. Then, suddenly his friend's alive again and Lori starts to play menstruating, woman teeter-totter WHILE PREGNANT WITH SHANE'S KID and it makes him go insane. If you couldn't see that then idk what to tell you.

Even at the end when he was trying to get rid of Rick, he still couldn't kill him in cold blood. He had numerous opportunities to "only care about himself" and just off Rick, but he never did. He still cared.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2iLP4WKEvHA

I like that shit is hitting the fan and getting intense, but this whole Alexandria storyline still feels really rushed. I sense that after the season finale, either

A: the group will leave and be back on the road again, or

b: they'll miraculously reconcile, resulting in an anticlimactic finale.

The Alexandria storyline in the books seemed too drawn out and I think it was almost impossible to translate that to the show without it feeling rushed or boring.

First off, stop liking people that I hate.

Secondly, they were driving a pick-up truck, IIRC. Otis hops in the bed, Shane hops in the cab with the windows rolled up and starts the truck and drives off. If you've got enough time to stop, have a brief conversation, and then shoot someone in the leg, the walkers aren't that close and you've got enough time to make it to the truck.

But no, screw Shane.

• Downvote 1

First off, stop liking people that I hate.

Secondly, they were driving a pick-up truck, IIRC. Otis hops in the bed, Shane hops in the cab with the windows rolled up and starts the truck and drives off. If you've got enough time to stop, have a brief conversation, and then shoot someone in the leg, the walkers aren't that close and you've got enough time to make it to the truck.

But no, screw Shane.

First off, stop mistaking my understanding of his character for my liking it.

If they had enough time to make it to the truck, why did Shane kill Otis? You said he killed him to save himself, but now he killed him for no reason? Which is it, flip-flopper?

• Upvote 1

How is it flip-flopping? Shane's a dick and because of it took the easy way out. There's no conflict between the two.

---- How do these not contradict eachother? ----

Tonight's the night.

If Negan appears tonight, I'm watching again.

It's too early for that.

If anything, we'll get Morgan, and given his state in "Clear" I dunno how good of a thing that is.

I don't think they can tease Morgan in the season 5 premiere and not show him at all until season 6.

Anyway, this'll be the first episode this season the girlfriend and I are watching live. Looking forward to it. :devious:

It's too early for that.

If anything, we'll get Morgan, and given his state in "Clear" I dunno how good of a thing that is.

:no: Lol no way is it too early for Negan. They just entered Alexandria. Alexandria is pretty much Negan's resources when he was introduced. Not only that, Negan's story is wrapped up.

So my official guesses of deaths will be Gabriel, Maggie, Glenn, and Sasha. The show gets 10x better, starting tonight!

So my official guesses of deaths will be Gabriel, Maggie, Glenn, and Sasha. The show gets 10x better, starting tonight!

I'm fucking ON BOARD with Gabriel and Sasha dying, and I'm okay with Maggie/Glenn dying in a way that doesn't suck. I don't think Glenn dying by himself would be good (hasn't Maggie been fucked up enough?), but Maggie dying could give us an interesting dark side of Glenn to explore. We'll see.

• Upvote 1

Random thoughts (comic-related sorta).

This Davidson guy must be the show's version of Negan

It's too early for that.

:welp:

MORGAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Now I have to wait til October to see more of him :(

Morgan is a Jedi! Hell yes.

Also, Glenn is a much better person than I am... Basically dragging Nicholas' barely-living worthless ass back to Alexandria.

I never thought a 90-minute finale could feel anticlimactic. Only the Walking Dead. :coffee:

All episodes should bbe 90 minutes.

I liked that this was mainly character-driven instead of event-driven. Gabriel turning the corner (maybe), Sasha turning the corner (maybe), Glenn not shooting Nicholas, the reconciliation of Abraham and Eugene; all good stuff.

Now watch things go to hell next season.