Sign in to follow this  
SteVo

2010 Mock Draft Game: Grade the Draft

Grade each team's draft. Please read post before voting.  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Seattle Seahawks

2. 2. Cleveland Browns

3. 3. Oakland Raiders

4. 4. Buffalo Bills

5. 5. Jacksonville Jaguars

Seattle Seahawks

GM: BC

Players Selected: 9

Trades Made: 1

Draft Moves:

-Drafted OT Anthony Davis 6th overall

-Drafted SS Taylor Mays 14th overall

-Traded 2nd and 6th round pick (40, 176) to Cardinals for 2nd and 3rd round pick (58, 89)

-Drafted OG John Jerry 58th overall

-Drafted HB Joe McKnight 89th overall

-Drafted DE Jermaine Cunningham 104th overall

-Drafted OT Ciron Black 127th overall

-Drafted FS Robert Johnson 139th overall

-Drafted DE Rahim Alem 213th overall via auto-pick

-Drafted TE Nate Byham 245th overall via auto-pick (compensatory pick)

Cleveland Browns

GM: Fun Bobby

Players Selected: 11

Trades Made: 0

Draft Moves:

-Drafted CB Joe Haden 7th overall

-Drafted TE Jermaine Gresham 38th overall

-Drafted SS Reshad Jones 71st overall

-Drafted HB Montario Hardesty 92nd overall

-Drafted DE/OLB George Selvie 105th overall

-Drafted CB Syd'Quan Thompson 134th overall

-Drafted QB Jarrett Brown 137th overall

-Drafted WR Andre Roberts 146th overall

-Drafted C/G Ted Larsen 160th overall

-Drafted OT Kevin Haslam 177th overall

-Drafted DT Nate Collins 186th overall

Oakland Raiders

GM: Sarge

Draft Moves:

-Drafted OT Trent Williams 8th overall

-Drafted DT Brian Price 39th overall

-Drafted QB Colt McCoy 69th overall

-Drafted WR Eric Decker 85th overall

-Drafted MLB Pat Angerer 106th overall

-Drafted OG Jeff Byers 138th overall

-Drafted FS Terrell Skinner 158th overall

-Drafted OLB O'Brien Schofield 215th overall

-Drafted CB Patrick Stoudamire 251st overall (compensatory pick)

Buffalo Bills

GM: Tridentdawgpound

Trades Made: 1

2011 Draft Picks Acquired: 4th rounder (Eagles)

Draft Moves:

-Drafted OT Bryan Bulaga 9th overall

-Drafted DE/OLB Everson Griffen 41st overall

-Drafted QB Tony Pike 72nd overall

-Drafted NT Mike Neal 107th overall

-Traded 5th round pick (140) to Eagles for 6th round pick (200) and 2011 4th round pick

-Drafted WR Armanti Edwards 178th overall

-Drafted CB Deon Beasley 192nd overall

-Drafted C John Estes 200th overall

-Drafted OT Derek Hardman 209th overall

-Drafted HB Andre Dixon 216th overall

Jacksonville Jaguars

GM: Vindifference

Players Selected: 6

Draft Moves:

-Drafted QB Sam Bradford 10th overall

-Drafted OG Mike Johnson 74th overall

-Drafted DE C.J. Wilson 108th overall

-Drafted MLB Jamar Chaney 143rd overall

-Drafted CB/S Myron Lewis 180th overall

-Drafted OT/G Chris Scott 203rd overall (compensatory pick)

Trident took two future packers. Giggity. Mike Neal and Bryan Bulaga. A+++ draft. Although Neal is playing DE.

And Vin took CJ Wilson... who we picked in the... 7th. lmao.

Seattle Seahawks

I like the Jermaine Cunningham pick considering where you got him, and Taylor Mays would not have been bad for a second day pick, but otherwise this looks like a huge group of fail. John Jerry sucked for the dolphins, Ciron Black has not even been activated for a game, and Joe McKnight has been confusing for the Jets. Doesn't practice well, so he doesn't play, but he looked decent in the last week of the year. Still, I have to say...

F.

Cleveland Browns

Theres a lot of value here, Haden was the best pick for the Browns at 7, Gresham is worth a second rounder, Syd'Quan THompson played well as a nickel corner, Reshad Jones has a ton of potential waiting to be realized with Playing Time, and Andre Roberts made some contributions for the Cardinals. But he also picked up GMRNS Selvie, and he sucks donkey ass.

B.

Oakland Raiders

Colt McCoy is a great pick up, and the rest of that class has a lot of potential, Trent Williams looked shaky to start the year but got better as time progressed. Eric Decker will be a monster in time, and Brian Price would be a great pick if not for his injury. Don't know if Pat Angerer is the best fit for the Raiders, but he's good value, and O'Brien Schofield is a name to look out for. This is a B or A on potential but it hasn't quite been realized yet so...

C.

Buffalo Bills

Bryan Bulaga is a decent player, but I think you reached too far for a Right Tackle when the Bills needed a blindside guy. Getting Derek Hardman in the 7th was good value, but the rest of this draft was pretty bad, with a potential clause on Mike Neal. This is the curse of the Bills though, they never draft well.

F.

Jacksonville Jaguars

Just how much is a franchise quarterback worth? Well I say it makes your draft at least a C, and to get the actual first overall pick at 10 is... well pretty damn good. I don't care that the rest of this draft sucked, the Jags got the most important piece filled. C.J. Wilson and Jamar Chayney are not good players, but they would provide solid depth to any roster. Myron Lewis got a small bit of work in Tampa Bay but didn't do much... um yeah. I say...

B.

Seahawks: D. LOLBC. Jermaine Cunningham is the only saving grace in this draft. Guys like John Jerry might still pan out, but when you have two picks in the first round, you should come out of the draft loaded.

Browns: B. With so many picks, Bobby did a good job in drafting players high on his board and getting good value. Joe Haden and Jermaine Cunningham were great picks. It's not an A draft right now because there's nothing beyond round two that jumps out at you, but with so many picks, there could still be a sleeper somewhere.

Raiders: A. For the record, this is an A-/B+. I elevated the grade to A-level because the Brian Price and Colt McCoy picks were full of win. Actually, the only thing holding me back from calling this a solid A draft was that Sargentina drafted Trent Williams with Sam Bradford still on the board.

Bills: C. Like the Raiders, Trident passed on Sam Bradford for an offensive lineman. In this case, though, I don't like drafting a tackle in the top ten unless he's going to be a blindside tackle, and Bryan Bulaga isn't. There isn't much else to brag about in this draft, either. Mike Neal was a good pick but Everson Griffen may be a career backup and Tony Pike went way before he should have. This might be a D draft, actually...

Jaguars: A. I'm giving Vin an A simply because he landed Sam Bradford. Now, you might say, "Well that's not to any credit of Vin; he just sat back and Bradford somehow fell into his lap." That is absolutely correct. It is also the nature of the NFL Draft. Sometimes elite guys who have no business falling to you will be on the board when you pick, and you have to take them and not fuck it up. The rest of the draft was decent considering the Jags didn't have a second rounder.

The real draft worked out much better, I definetely jumped off the taylor mays wagon too late and that was the mistake. Were these specific teams chosen for a reason?

We're going through all the teams, just in draft order.

Seahawks: F

Browns: B

Raiders(me): B-/C+ so I gave myself a C.

Bills: D

Jaguars: B