Sign in to follow this  
Favre4Ever

The Purple Slave Waits For A New Contract

NEW ORLEANS -- Despite the concerns he's expressed about the state of NFL labor, I'm guessing Minnesota Vikings tailback Adrian Peterson wants to continue playing football when his contract expires after the 2011 season. To this point, however, the Vikings have made no attempts to extend a deal that will pay him $10.72 million in 2010.

The Vikings presumably won't begin negotiations until a new collective bargaining agreement is reached, but it's worth noting what Peterson told freelance writer Steve Terrill during an interview while on a charity mission in Rwanda.

"I'm watching the way different organizations act and watching the way my organization acts," Peterson said. "I'm not worried about a contract. I've played hard and I think I've done pretty good. I thought maybe -- after a few years of doing good -- there'd be deal by now. But whatever. That's OK. I'm not desperately concerned about a contract."

Speaking at the NFL owners meeting at the Roosevelt Hotel, Vikings owner Zygi Wilf said: "I'm not going to comment on any contract negotiations. But needless to say, Adrian Peterson is a very important player on our ball club, and when it comes to contracts, we'll wait and see."

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcnorth/post/_/id/25446/adrian-peterson-waiting-on-contract

Edited by Favre4Ever

"The Purple Slave" :rofl:

On a more serious note yeah he definitely deserves it. He is the core of their team and he isn't getting paid like it.

I guess we can agree on one thing F4E...VIKQUEENS SUCK!

What kind of slave wants to renew their contract?

While AP is in Rwanada how bout he ask what it is like to be poor or live like a slave

I'm sorry, did I read that right? I thought I read that AP wanted to get more money despite being a slave. My eyes really ARE shot.