Sign in to follow this  
Favre4Ever

NFC North 2011 Draft War Room

For all of your NFC North Draft and Draft Day needs. You can discussion anything and everything NFC N draft related. I made one of these last year and it was a lot of fun and generated lots of discussion. Let's do it again!

I will also make a list of each teams final draft, including all selections, and any trades that are made. These lists will all be updated live... I will probably be gone Saturday (rounds 4-7) but I am hoping to find somebody that will be here to update it for me. That will be addressed at a later date.

All compensatory selections have been announced, and here is where all of our teams stand as of now...

-Formatting-

2 . 45 - ( )*

2 = round number

45 = overall selection

( ) = Trade

* = Trade Occurred Prior to 2011 Draft

:Bears: Chicago Bears :Bears:

1.29 - Gabe Carimi, OT, Wisconsin

2.53 - Stephen Paea, DT, Oregon St

2.62 - Traded to the Redskins for 2.53 - Stephen Paea

3.93 - Chris Conte, S, California

4.127 - Traded to the Redskins for 2.53 - Stephen Paea

5.160 -

6.195 -

7.232 - Selection Used in Supplemental Draft

:Packers: Green Bay Packers :Packers:

1.32 - Derek Sherrod, OT, Miss St

2.64 - Randall Cobb, WR, Kentucky

3.96 - Alex Green, RB, Hawaii

4.129 -

4.131 - [Comp Selection]

5.163 -

6.197 -

7.204 - (From CAR)*

7.236 -

:Lions: Detroit Lions :Lions:

1.13 - Nick Fairley, DT, Auburn

2.44 - Titus Young, WR, Boise State

2.57 - Mikel LeShoure, RB, Illinois

3.75 - Traded to Seahawks for 2.57 - Mikell LeShoure

4.107 - Traded to Seahawks for 2.57 - Mikell LeShoure

5.140 - To KC for tampering

5.154 - From KC for tampering, Traded to Seahawks for 2.57 - Mikell LeShoure

6.173 - (To SEA for Lawrence Jackson)*

6.184 - (From PHI via TB)*Traded to Seahawks for 2.57 - Mikell LeShoure

7.210 - (To SF for Shaun Hill)*

7.233 - Forfeited for Tampering(From NYJ)

:Vikings: Minnesota Vikings :Vikings:

1.12 - Christian Ponder, QB, FSU

2.43 - Kyle Rudolph, TE, Notre Dame

3.74 - (To NE for Randy Moss)*

4.106 -

5.139 -

5.150 - (From NYG)*

6.172 -

6.200 - [Comp Selection]

7.216 -

7.238 - [Comp Selection]

Quick Stats

Most Picks - TBD

Least Picks - TBD

Most Draft Day Trades - TBD

1st NFC N Selection - Nick Fairley, DT, Aurburn (13th Overall)

NFC N Mr. Irrelevant - TBD

If there are any mistakes, please let me know ASAP and they will be fixed accordingly.

Edited by Favre4Ever

Nobody wants to start? :D

Well, I'm hoping the Pack trade back, out of the first round to a team that wants a QB and then nab Leonard Hankerson in the early 2nd.

Man.. Everyday that I think about, the more and more I think the Packers might snag Mark Ingram if he falls to 32. Ted and the Packers always draft 2-3 years ahead of schedule (for example, we drafted Mike Neal last year knowing that we aren't re-signing Cullen Jenkins). Ryan Grant is probably in the last year or two of his career with the Packers...

I still say we can find a suitable replacement, later. But... Will Ingram pose too much value at 32?

Edited by Favre4Ever

I think that the Lions' BPA philosophy will lead them to draft Tyvon Smith if he's on the board when we pick which I would be fine with as long as he is the best player available, unless if Prince or Quinn are still on the board.

But I don't think Tyvon or Prince are gonna be on the board when we pick so more then likely we will be trading down... Teams always trade up to around that area of the draft, so I think this will be a year where we trade back for more picks and end up with Carimi or Jimmy Smith.

I would be beyond super duper uber pissed if we stayed put at 13 and grabbed Anthony Castonzo, I hate him and of all the tackles we could grab in the first, he's one of the last I would want. I cringe every time I see people on TGP giving him to us....

• Upvote 1

I also think there's a big chance the Bears chose to trade up to get one of the better linemen in this year's draft... I wouldn't do it, but I think there is a chance. IMO the Bears instead of just taking a linemen becuase it's a need should opt out to just grabbing the bpa on there board, unless if that's a LB.

I really do think there is a huge possibility the Vikings go with a QB with that first pick...

I think we definitely draft Ingram if he's there. When I look at Ingram I don't see a flashy running back like Adrian Peterson, Darren McFadden, etc.

He looks like a solid starter that we don't have to focus our offense around, but he can pick up the yards in crunch time, and that's Mike McCarthy's offense.

The other guy I like is Brooks Reed. People talk about him more and more, and now people are beginning to think he's gonna go earlier than 32.

I think I'd still rather trade down... Pass on Ingram, and get a Jordan Todman or Shane Vareen later on. I'm just worried that if he is there... Ted will fall in love with the value.

I think I'd still rather trade down... Pass on Ingram, and get a Jordan Todman or Shane Vareen later on. I'm just worried that if he is there... Ted will fall in love with the value.

I think if we trade down it'll be to get a Guard. There's quite a few good ones that are projected to go in the teens.

Colledge has got to go, and I think if we draft a guard we can finally get rid of him. TJ Lang can be our fallback solution. He literally plays every OL position lol.

Sorry about the late edits... Been caught up in the action of draft day!!!! WOOOOO

Surprised with the Vikes pick.. They get the most NFL Ready QB when I thought they wanted Donny Mac. Lions also surprised me taking Fairley over Prince.

1.32: Derek Sherrod -

I am LOLOL-ing at the hate TT is getting for this pick. You'd think people would know by now that TT is a damn genius, especially when it comes to the draft. Sherrod will probably be a solid OL. I think we might move him to LG until Clifton is out, then Sherrod at LT. Bulaga should stay RT. He's played a strong year there now and he'll only get better.

Though I'm disappointed we went LT two years in a row now. Very anticlimactic considering I waited all 3.5 hours for our pick lmao.

1.32: Derek Sherrod -

I am LOLOL-ing at the hate TT is getting for this pick. You'd think people would know by now that TT is a damn genius, especially when it comes to the draft. Sherrod will probably be a solid OL. I think we might move him to LG until Clifton is out, then Sherrod at LT. Bulaga should stay RT. He's played a strong year there now and he'll only get better.

Though I'm disappointed we went LT two years in a row now. Very anticlimactic considering I waited all 3.5 hours for our pick lmao.

Ya, I agree. Just a tad disappointed, just because of the position. Really wish another team would have bit on a trade, but whatever.. That's how the draft works, am I right? I have no doubt Derek Sherrod will be protecting Aaron's blindside for the next decade.

Ya, I agree. Just a tad disappointed, just because of the position. Really wish another team would have bit on a trade, but whatever.. That's how the draft works, am I right? I have no doubt Derek Sherrod will be protecting Aaron's blindside for the next decade.

You know I also can't help but think that maybe picking Sherrod was not only to protect Aaron but to also counter Detroit's Nick Fairley. They have a beast defensive line and I think that if they had ended up picking Prince or something that we would have gone OLB? Just my brain working on it's own but the thought does have some merit I suppose.

I thought we had a great first round. Bit surprised that ponder went to minny and that the lions took fairly over prince ethier pick would of been great. Packers made a solid selection as well id thought they would take brooks reed.

Time for day 2 and round 2 of this draft. Any thoughts on round 1 or perdictions for round 2 ? I hope marvin austin will slide all the way down to the bears.

Damn Fairly to the Lions is unexpected but a very good move, Suh, Fairley, Avril and VDB will be a nasty D-Line I really like that move. Sharrod to Green Bay is another move I like seeing as both Wilkerson and Heyward where both off the board. I can expect him to come straight in from day one and probably be an instant upgrade for Tauscher. Very surprised that Vikings went and got Ponder I personally thought they would try and make a move for Locker once the Titans were interested in him. Finally Carmini is a good pick up for the Bears as their Oline struggled against the better teams.

Vikings probably wanted Ponder the whole time, but couldn't trade back for him, so instead of risking any chances of losing him, they took the guy they believed in. Can't knock them for that. Although I am no fan of Ponder, and I don't ever see him being all that successful, this was a good move for the franchise.

Hopefully these defensive and offensive talents keep dropping to 44, that way the Lions can make another move at one. I am too excited for whomever the Lions take next... And I don't even have a clue who it'll be.

Interesting pick for the Vikes. Ya... Klein and Shain are gettin' older.... But I don't think Rudolph is the undisputed best TE of this class like people think he is.

Little bit of a risky pick by the Vikes. Smart to take a QB, but there were a lot of good names out there. Ponder might work out for em though.

Loving the Bears pick. Carimi wasn't supposed to slip so far, but I am happy he did. Happy to be able to show a Dairyland Cheesehead a real football team. ;)

I called the Vikes getting a TE in the 3rd, but a 2nd works too. :p

I was a little puzzled with our pick at first, not because I didn't like it, but I thought they would go somewhere else... But this pick makes a lot of sense, and it makes out offense ever so much more explosive... Really liking this draft.

Bears just traded up for the weight room king of this years draft

So i take it we made a trade or this site draft tracker sucks ass

Lots of movement in the NFC North recently. Lions trade back up into Round 2 for Mikell LeShoure. And I'm laughing.