Sign in to follow this  
BucD

BucD's Bucs Mock Draft.

Well pro-days are just about wrapped up and team visits have been underway. Here's my 2011 Bucs seven-round mock.

Round One:

Houston-Justin-Georgia-Bulldogs-2010-ARTICLE-290x300.jpg

Justin Houston - DE/OLB - Georgia

This guy has great explosion off the ball and is exactly what the Bucs need and are looking for to fill RDE and is good value at #20. His last year at Georgia they had him playing more of a OLB role but looked lost at times in coverage. He most definitely looks and is better with his hand in the dirt rushing the QB. If Ryan Kerrigan or Cameron Jordan is some how still here they take one of them as they are infatuated with Kerrigan and Jordan, but they most likely won't. If Houston isn't here they take Akeem Ayers.

Round Two: We trade up (not going to predict what team as that is just about impossible to do.) Sending Team A our 2nd and 4th.

brandonHarris_display_image.jpg?1292972831

Brandon Harris - CB - Miami

I would have a LB or another DE here without trading up, but as we all know things have changed after the recent Talib incident. Mark Dominik does a similar deal like last years draft when he traded up for Arrelious Benn to grab his man. Harris is just about as good as replacement as we could get. He is a high character guy who loves football....oh yea and he's a baller. Natural football instincts, very good ball and coverage skills. We trade up here as there is no way he last to the 19th pick in the second round. Alternate with no trade up: Davon House CB, Ras-I Dowling CB or best MLB/OLB available.

Round Three:

dontay-moch.jpg

Dontay Moch - OLB/DE - Nevada

Black just didn't cut it at the OLB spot and doesn't fill the needs that Raheem wants/needs for his scheming at that spot. Moch is a little freakish with his size and speed combo, same size and build as Black but MUCH MUCH better at rushing the QB . Rushes the QB really well, but needs work when dropping into coverage. He's a tweener at the LB/DE spot that Raheem wants and needs. Alternates: Mason Foster OLB, Greg Romeus DE.

Round Four: Traded to Team A

Round Five:

DionLewis_001.jpg

Dion Lewis - RB - Pittsburgh

It's fairly obvious by now that Free Agency will happen AFTER the draft this year. We have our feature back with Blount, but we all know this is a two-back league and we need a change of pace guy and Lewis is a poor mans MJD...he's a quick-fast bowling ball. Pocket Hercules? He'd compliment Blount great and if Blount goes down or out for whatever reason, Lewis can carry the load. Alternates: Derrick Locke RB, Mark Herzlich LB

Round Six:

Virgil-Green-650-1_display_image.jpg?1297357515

Virgil Green - TE - Nevada

After Winslow (two bad knees) our depth at TE is not good. Green is a bit raw, but has a very similar skill set to Winslow. He's raw and could get a little stronger and improve his blocking ability but this kid has the hands, speed and athletic ability to give FIVE another weapon. He's a bit of a project, but has big time potential and big-play ability. Alternate: Ahmad Black S.

Round Seven:

350x.jpg

Aldrick Robinson - WR - SMU

EXTREMELY fast and explosive. This offense needs an explosive very fast WR threat to stretch the field and compliment Williams, Benn and Briscoe. He will also help very well on Special Teams.

Round Seven:

Harvey-Marshall2.jpg

Mario Harvey - LB - Marshall

A productive ILB at Marshall and is a thumper. Could be another gem in the seventh-round.

Edited by BucD

No way Mario Harvey falls to the seventh round. He should be gone by the fourth or fifth at the very worst.

Other than that it seems like a pretty good wish list.

I think Houston would be a bit of a reach at 20th overall, but I could definitely see Tampa trading down to the end of the first round to grab him. That could also give them more ammunition to trade back up for a corner in round two.

No way Mario Harvey falls to the seventh round. He should be gone by the fourth or fifth at the very worst.

Other than that it seems like a pretty good wish list.

Every place I have seen he is projected to go in the 6th-UDFA.

It's no wish list...it's all a guessing game...all we have to go off of is the "professional's" opinions, round projections and our own opinions and projections.

I didn't just throw this crap together lol

:shrug:

Edited by BucD

If Houston isn't here they take Akeem Ayers.

You don't want Akeem Ayers, at least in the 1st... No matter whether it's to play MLB or OLB or DE... Ayers is a 2nd round prospect IMO.

My final mock. TWO MORE DAYS UNTIL THE REAL THING! :D

Round One:

Barring a trade up for Aldon Smith, Cam Jordan or Ryan Kerrigan, as there is a very very slim chance of either slipping to 20, there is a very high probability of Dom trading up to get the guy he's wants. Since I am not gonna project trades I see us taking...

Adrian Clayborn - DE - Iowa

I know I know...as much of a stink I have made when I have seen other peoples mocks when they have us taking Clayborn..lolme right? Well deserved, but the more I have looked into it and thought about it (and the info I am reading about the Bucs looking into him) it is making more and more sense. I am warming up to the idea. I had Houston here before and from what I am reading if the Bucs stay at 20 it will be between Houston and Clayborn and Clayborn is the favorite. I believe this even more so after finding out today that Houston pissed hot at the Combine, but the teams have known who pissed hot for awhile now. Again, this is all baring a trade up by Dom to get his guy.

Round Two:

Allen Bailey - DE - Miami (FL)

Freakish combination of size and speed and agility. VERY raw though, but has big time potential with the right coaching and I believe we have added the right coaching. There has been talk of the Bucs even possibly taking Bailey in the first. They fell in love with this kid at the Senior Bowl.

Round Three:

Nate Irving - LB - NCSU

I read a lot of PewterReport.com's stuff and Irving is another guy the Bucs apparently fell in love with at the Senior Bowl. Hard hitting, sideline to sideline guy who is a natural leader. Could play any LB spot in Raheem's defense.

Round Four:

THE Quizz Rodgers - RB - Oregon St.

Him or Dion Lewis would be great here or in the 5th and would compliment Blount great. Quizz though is one of my favorite guys in this draft. There is no denying his production and success at Oregon State. He is a speedy shifty big-play back and has good hands out of the backfield. Very nice 3rd down, change of pace back.

Round Five:

Cortez Allen - CB - Citadel

Good combination of size and speed. He didn't run a great 40 but from all account he looks a lot faster on tape. Is a taller bigger corner who is physical and isn't afraid to takle and play the run. He is the prototypical DB Raheem has looked for since taking over.

Round Six:

Julius Thomas - TE - Portland State

He is projected to go between rounds five and six. He may not be available here at six for the Bucs, but there is a good chance. He's a natural hands catcher and is very athletic as he is a former basketball player. He is still raw as he has limited experience...only played one year of college football which is why he is projected as a late round prospect. After Kellen Winslow and his bad knees there is a big drop-off in depth at the position. If coached well Thomas could very well be Winslow's future replacement.

Round Seven:

Work your seventh-round magic Dom...you've done it both years since taking over. I think some 12 or 13 players of the 15 he has draft is still on the roster. LET'S GET IT!

I don't like the fact that you have us waiting until the 5th round to draft a CB. I'd like to see us go CB in round 2 or 3. I don't think Bailey will fall to us in the 2nd, but if he does, I do like that pick over the corners who I expect to be on the board when we pick at #57.

I don't like the fact that you have us waiting until the 5th round to draft a CB. I'd like to see us go CB in round 2 or 3. I don't think Bailey will fall to us in the 2nd, but if he does, I do like that pick over the corners who I expect to be on the board when we pick at #57.

I would have us going after a Brandon Harris or Ras-I Dowling, but I don't think either will be there. IMO Bailey has a much better chance of being available when we pick in the second. The depth at CB in the draft is pretty deep...I think Cortez Allen could be perfect for Raheem and he's the prototypical DB that he looks for.

Here's a quick alternate of my latest and last mock I decided to do after reading some things and brainstorming etc etc.

DE is the biggest need for us right? Well LB is the second biggest need. DE is the deepest position in the draft (arguably) and LB...not so much. There are two LBs rated as first-rounders...Von Miller and Akeem Ayers. Both are versatile guys who can play 3-4 rushing backer...4-3 strong or weak side LB and/or putting their hand in the dirt rushing as a DE.

Maybe taking the best available and the best available that fills a need at the weaker depth position (LB) and waiting to get a DE (most depth at any position in draft) in the second and/or third-round would be a better idea and possibly what the Bucs FO has planned. Saw this possibility on PewterReport.com today.

With all that being said...here's the alternate mock to my latest and last mock.

Frist Round:

Akeem Ayers-LB-UCLA

Perfect fit for Raheem's hybrid defense and with Kerrigan, A. Smith and Jordan off the board at 20 they opt to address the LB (weaker positon depth wise in the draft) spot with a tweener/hybrid player in Ayers. He can play WLB/SLB/3-4 Rushing OLB and can put his hand in the dirt rushing as a DE.

Second Round:

Allen Bailey-DE-Miami(FL)

See above mock for reasoning.

Third Round:

Curtis Brown-CB-Texas

Good size and decent speed. Is solid in both man and zone coverages. Good leaping ability and has good ball skills. Is effective in ST along with nice leaping ability.

4th Round:

Same as last mock

5th Round:

John Moffitt-OL(G)-Wisconsin

VERY strong and a leader. Is perfect for the Bucs power running game. Could easily be a starter if Joseph isn't re-signed, but if he is he will add very nice depth to the OL.

6th Round:

Same

7th Round:

Same.

My final mock. TWO MORE DAYS UNTIL THE REAL THING! :D

Round One:

Barring a trade up for Aldon Smith, Cam Jordan or Ryan Kerrigan, as there is a very very slim chance of either slipping to 20, there is a very high probability of Dom trading up to get the guy he's wants. Since I am not gonna project trades I see us taking...

Adrian Clayborn - DE - Iowa

I know I know...as much of a stink I have made when I have seen other peoples mocks when they have us taking Clayborn..lolme right? Well deserved, but the more I have looked into it and thought about it (and the info I am reading about the Bucs looking into him) it is making more and more sense. I am warming up to the idea. I had Houston here before and from what I am reading if the Bucs stay at 20 it will be between Houston and Clayborn and Clayborn is the favorite. I believe this even more so after finding out today that Houston pissed hot at the Combine, but the teams have known who pissed hot for awhile now. Again, this is all baring a trade up by Dom to get his guy.

Round Two:

Allen Bailey - DE - Miami (FL)

Freakish combination of size and speed and agility. VERY raw though, but has big time potential with the right coaching and I believe we have added the right coaching. There has been talk of the Bucs even possibly taking Bailey in the first. They fell in love with this kid at the Senior Bowl.

Round Three:

Nate Irving - LB - NCSU

I read a lot of PewterReport.com's stuff and Irving is another guy the Bucs apparently fell in love with at the Senior Bowl. Hard hitting, sideline to sideline guy who is a natural leader. Could play any LB spot in Raheem's defense.

Round Four:

THE Quizz Rodgers - RB - Oregon St.

Him or Dion Lewis would be great here or in the 5th and would compliment Blount great. Quizz though is one of my favorite guys in this draft. There is no denying his production and success at Oregon State. He is a speedy shifty big-play back and has good hands out of the backfield. Very nice 3rd down, change of pace back.

Round Five:

Cortez Allen - CB - Citadel

Good combination of size and speed. He didn't run a great 40 but from all account he looks a lot faster on tape. Is a taller bigger corner who is physical and isn't afraid to takle and play the run. He is the prototypical DB Raheem has looked for since taking over.

Round Six:

Julius Thomas - TE - Portland State

He is projected to go between rounds five and six. He may not be available here at six for the Bucs, but there is a good chance. He's a natural hands catcher and is very athletic as he is a former basketball player. He is still raw as he has limited experience...only played one year of college football which is why he is projected as a late round prospect. After Kellen Winslow and his bad knees there is a big drop-off in depth at the position. If coached well Thomas could very well be Winslow's future replacement.

Round Seven:

Work your seventh-round magic Dom...you've done it both years since taking over. I think some 12 or 13 players of the 15 he has draft is still on the roster. LET'S GET IT!

OH SNAPZ!

One for one. lol :p

â€You bring a ‘Rambo’ type of mentality to your football team,†said Buccaneers head coach Raheem Morris. “A boy-dog, so to speak. A guy that’s going to go out there and hunt. Not only the quarterback, but anybody that has the football."

â€What he’s going to bring as far as the competitive toughness to that room (of defensive linemen), the physical beast that he can be and that he is going to be for us on a football field is what we want and that’s why we went out and got him,†Morris said.

Adrian Clayborn:

“I wanted to be a Buc from the start. That two-hour wait was worth it,†Clayborn said. “I just got off the phone with [Gerald] McCoy a minute ago. I’m ready.â€

Clayborn said coming to One Buc Palace before the draft “was my best visit.â€

“can’t wait to get into the playbook...and kick offensive lineman’s assesâ€

Edited by BucD

Like the attitude he has. Glad to see he's happy to be a Buc and can't wait to get onto the field. Let's hope he produces and provides us a much needed pass rush.

Clayborn's PC is up on Buccaneers.com. Check it out. I love the kids attitude and character.

“Can’t wait to get into the playbook...and kick offensive lineman’s assesâ€

I like this kid already.

Hahaha this vid is awesome and perfect.

Read this on NFL.com...

"All 32 NFL clubs have had full access to Da'Quan's records since January and have had the opportunity to physically examine him at least twice," Flanagan said in a statement released later Tuesday. "With this knowledge, top-10 teams brought him in all last week and continue to bring Da'Quan in for visits this week. All of these clubs are strongly considering selecting him with their first pick, not based upon a potential medical downside, but because of Da'Quan's film, smarts, character and tremendous physical upside."

Flanagan also explained in the statement that Bowers' procedure, performed by Dr. Larry Bowman, included some elements of microfracture surgery but was "very minor." Flanagan said Bowers "was off crutches and bearing weight only three days after surgery" and received an endorsement from noted orthopedic surgeon Dr. James Andrews, a member of the medical team overseeing the player's rehabilitation.

Flanagan said Andrews' "comfort level was such that he said Da'Quan should 'be able to resume his professional football career without any problems' and that he has a 'good prognosis for his career.' " Flanagan also denied any signs of arthritis in Bowers' knee.

On Anthony Gaitor...the CB we took in the 7th.

Gaitor wowed scouts at FIU’s pro day by running a 4.45-second 40-yard dash, prompting talent evaluators to give his collegiate game tape a second look.

What they saw was a player who held Troy wideout Jerrel Jernigan, who could be drafted as high as the second round, to just 32 receiving yards in a crucial FIU road win.

Gaitor also limited Toledo All-American Eric Page to just five catches for 24 yards in the Little Caesars Pizza Bowl in December — his final game in an FIU uniform.

Since the season ended, Gaitor has drawn the interest from the Dolphins, Bears and Jaguars, among others. But if Gaitors had his druthers, the Buccaneers, who also had him in for a visit, would take him. And preferably earlier rather than later.

“He has tremendous instincts on the defensive side of the ball,†FIU coach Mario Cristobal said. “A tremendous ability to cover. In the NFL, you have to be tough enough to take on the backs. Gaitor is that.â€