Sign in to follow this  
Vin

If only Cammy-Cam were white...

A "high-ranking" NFL executive insists that Cam Newton would be the draft's clear-cut No. 1 overall pick if he was white.

"If Newton were white, he’d be the first pick in the draft," said the exec, who arrived at this conclusion before Newton adviser Warren Moon accused the 2010 Heisman winner's detractors of being racially charged. We won't go as far as Moon, but comparisons to JaMarcus Russell would seem to come dangerously close to blatant racism. Russell and Newton have few similarities as players and athletes. They do have the same skin color.

Source: National Football Post

Cammy-Cam? Vin... do you and Newton have a special relationship that we are not aware of? That's creepy.

• Upvote 2

Anything "racist" or white vs black are good buzz words for a story. I don't see this having any merit, whatsoever.

Tim Tebow went 25th overall, I have no idea what they're getting at..

I can't recall any Heisman trophy winning QB getting slammed as hard as Tebow did.

Looks like even with dark skin Cam Newton has a good shot at being drafted #1 overall.

Panthers coach Ron Rivera told Cam Newton adviser Warren Moon that he's "convinced" the Auburn quarterback is a good enough passer to be worthy of the No. 1 overall pick in the draft.

"I've seen all I need to see as far as him throwing a football," Rivera told Moon. "I'm already convinced." Moon emerged from the conversation believing that Carolina is "sold" on Newton, and that they've "locked onto" him as the top pick in the draft. "It's just a matter of whether they want to go defense or offense," added Moon. "If they go quarterback, it'll be Cam."

Source: USA Today

This also comes after Panthers GM Marty Hurney quickly defended the attacks Nolan Nawrocki wrote on Cam Newton's character. I won't say for sure, but it seems almost like a done deal that Newton will be a Panther.

People would rather throw their grandma under a bus, than be accused of being a racist.