25. :Seahawks: - Jake Locker: QB, Washington

26. :Ravens: - Derek Sherrod: OT, Mississippi State

27. :Falcons: - Justin Houston: DE, Georgia

28. :Patriots: - Mark Ingram: RB, Alabama

29. :Bears: - Benjamin Ijalana: OT, Villanova

30. :Jets: - Phil Taylor: NT, Baylor

31. :Steelers: - Aaron Williams: CB/FS, Texas

32. :Packers: - Cameron Heyward: DE, Ohio State

Comments and criticisms are always accepted. If you want me to go into detail on certain picks, I'd be more than glad to give you my reasoning. I was just in a rush to finish this off because I need sleep!

• Upvote 1

Nice pick for Seattle at 25 good job.

Can you explain the Peterson pick please?

Can you explain the Peterson pick please?

Arizona's secondary was terribly inconsistent last season. (Ranked 23rd against the pass) With the best pass-rusher Von Miller off the board, I have the Cardinals "settling" for Patrick Peterson. Peterson is widely being considered the best cornerback prospect since Charles Woodson.

• Upvote 2

No doubt, he is the best talent in the draft, in my opinion. Just kinda surprised that you have him going there. Now that you point that out, it does make sense, with Miller off the board it should be a toss up between Gabbert and Peterson.

How far behind is Ryan Mallet/Christian Ponder to Jake Locker, in your opinion?

Arizona's secondary was terribly inconsistent last season. (Ranked 23rd against the pass) With the best pass-rusher Von Miller off the board, I have the Cardinals "settling" for Patrick Peterson. Peterson is widely being considered the best cornerback prospect since Charles Woodson.

That was a great reasoning.

I love this draft.

I have no outstanding complaints. Best 2011 mock posted on TGP to date. Well done, sir. :clap:

I honestly don't know how I'd react if the 49ers took Blaine Gabbert 7th overall on draft day. I like to think I would be pissed we passed on a very good CB in Prince.

How far behind is Ryan Mallet/Christian Ponder to Jake Locker, in your opinion?

Not far behind at all. Honestly I could definitely see that pick being Christian Ponder. Mallett on the other hand is an early second round pick in my opinion possibly going to the Tennessee Titans.

I have no outstanding complaints. Best 2011 mock posted on TGP to date. Well done, sir. :clap:

Thanks I appreciate it coming from you SteVo. :)

I honestly don't know how I'd react if the 49ers took Blaine Gabbert 7th overall on draft day. I like to think I would be pissed we passed on a very good CB in Prince.

I understand where you're coming from, but the 49ers quarterback situation is something that needs to be addressed. Also I factored in that Jim Harbaugh tried to recruit Gabbert to Stanford, so that could very well play a major role in San Francisco selecting him if he manages to fall into their lap.

Personally, I see Ponder being there for the 49ers in the second round, but like SteVo said, this is the best mock draft on the site that I have seen, and the best looking.

Look forward to competing with you in the MD Challenge.

charles-woodson.jpg

Great mock overall Fart. The only real question I have is Bowers going to the Lions. The Lions pass rush was pretty good last year and should only get better as Suh develops. With that being said and Bowers injury concerns, why would the Lions take him rather than an OT or CB?

Great mock overall Fart. The only real question I have is Bowers going to the Lions. The Lions pass rush was pretty good last year and should only get better as Suh develops. With that being said and Bowers injury concerns, why would the Lions take him rather than an OT or CB?

Well Kyle Vanden Bosch will be turning 33 this coming season, and I think it would be really hard for the Lions to pass up on a Top Five talent that has the potential to rack up double digit sack numbers.

They certainly could address their o-line, but I don't see them going after a cornerback like Jimmy Smith unless they trade down.

Here's some news linking Bowers to the Lions

Per Rotoworld

The Lions "really like" Clemson DE Da'Quan Bowers and could take him at No. 13, according to SI's Peter King.

Like all teams, the Lions have to weigh Bowers' upside against concerns regarding his knee. But a healthy Bowers paired with Kyle Vanden Bosch on the outside and lined up next to Ndamukong Suh would be a formidable defensive front. We still have not heard the results of Bowers' medical recheck.

Source: SI.com

• Upvote 1

Why Brooks Reed over Houston for the Saints?

Why Brooks Reed over Houston for the Saints?

Well there have been more than a few people that have questioned Houston's ability to give it his all on every down, and Defensive Coordinator Gregg Williams loves high effort guys. Brooks Reed fits that description much better than Justin Houston.