Sign in to follow this  
BLUE

Report: Mark Ingram not on two teams' boards

Per Rotoworld.com:

NFL Network's Mike Lombardi reports that at least two running back-needy teams have removed Alabama RB Mark Ingram from their draft boards.

"I've had two teams tell me the knee is very bad," said Lombardi. "He won't be on their boards. They're teams that need running backs." Mike Mayock is also "not so sure" Ingram will be a first-rounder. The consensus is that there's better value on mid-round backs, as opposed to Ingram in the first. Look for the Patriots to have a chance to draft Ingram at No. 33 overall. Apr 13, 6:10 PM

Edited by BLUE

Could we see a 1st round without a running back taken?

Could we see a 1st round without a running back taken?

Looking very possible right now. I really don't think it is too big of a deal though because it seems like there are always a lot of late round RB's that have success.

Even with his bad knee at the moment, Ingram will be a huge steal if he falls out of the first round. He's going to be a star running back in the NFL, and I wouldn't mind waiting for his knee to heal up. It would definitely be worth the wait IMO.

Edited by FartWaffles

I'm not a fan of taking RBs in the first round generally, so this doesn't really surprise me. This is sorta similar to what happened to Peterson a few years back, though I don't think his injury concerns were as bad as Ingram's seem. But yeah, I think he'll still be a steal if some team picks him up in the 2nd round (just like our mock draft haha).

Per Rotoworld.com:

Alabama RB Mark Ingram insists the knee that he had scoped prior to the 2010 season is "100 percent."

"It's strong, it's healthy, and all the teams have positive reports about the knee," said Ingram. "Dr. Andrews has given me positive reports about the knee as well." NFL Network's Michael Lombardi has twice reported that Ingram could slip due to concerns about the knee. He could be getting the info from teams hoping Ingram does indeed slip -- right into their grasp. Apr 19, 2:42 PM

Source: ESPN Boston

Per Rotoworld.com:

The Miami Herald reports that Dr. James Andrews has given Alabama RB Mark Ingram a clean bill of health leading up to the draft.

Citing a source "familiar with the letter" issued by Andrews, the Herald also confirms that Ingram was not asked back to Indianapolis for the April 8 medical recheck. The letter has been distributed to NFL teams. NFL Network's Mike Lombardi had reported on multiple occasions that Ingram is off at least two clubs' draft boards due to concerns about degenerative arthritis in the knee Ingram had surgically repaired last August.

Source: Miami Herald Apr 27, 4:03 PM