Sign in to follow this  
AllYouNeedIsLovie

Chan Gailey feels confident about Ryan Fitzpatrick

While it seems that the Buffalo Bills will pass on a quarterback with their first-round pick (No. 3 overall), drafting a quarterback early is still something that they will deal with. “Any time you have the opportunity to get a guy to take you to the Super Bowl for 10 or 12 years, you’ve got to take a long, hard look at the thing if you believe that,†Bills head coach Chan Gailey explained during last month’s NFL owners meetings. “You’ve got to believe that in your heart of hearts and you’ve got to make that thing happen. And if you don’t, where we sit right now is we’ve got Ryan who we really believe in and trust. Our team believes in him. We think we can win a bunch of football games with Ryan Fitzpatrick. I think we can win a championship with him. It’s going to take getting some other components, but I think we can.â€

Source: FOXSports

Lots of people think the Bills may draft a QB at #3. After hearing Gailey say this, I am not so sure that they will.

I really do feel Gailey has faith in Ryan Fitzpatrick as the starter. I'm not really expecting the Bills to use that #3 pick on a quarterback.

They might as well take Von Miller at #3. They can pick up Kellen Moore or possibly Colin Kapernick in a later round. Andy Dalton would be the best second to third round pick, but whatever.

I like hearing this. He's totally right. Fitzpatrick is not a huge liability. Better to play him than to waste a high draft pick on a bad qb when we have so many other positions we could waste our high draft pick on.

Ryan Fitzpatrick definitely was not the problem for the Bills last year. I mean, he's not going to single-handedly win them games. But there's much more pressing needs on defense. Fitzpatrick can win games if he has a solid team around him ala Chad Pennington for the Dolphins in 2008.