Sign in to follow this  
AllYouNeedIsLovie

Some interesting draft rumors

http://www.catscratchreader.com/2011/4/13/2108211/shawn-zobel-of-draft-headquarters-spills-beans-on-many-draft-plans#storyjump

Carolina have no interest in QB Blaine Gabbert with the #1 pick. If Gabbert goes #1 overall it will be because the Panthers traded the pick. Currently 4/5 teams in the top 5 want to take a QB. Carolina and Buffalo are set on Cam Newton, while Cincinnati and Arizona have Blaine Gabbert at the top of their board.

- The Panthers are interested in trading out of the #1 spot for the right price, and Zobel puts the Panthers' chances of moving out at 50/50. If Carolina were able to trade out they would not be able to get either QB, and Newton would go to Buffalo and Gabbert to either Cincinnati or Arizona. He believes it would take a big offer to move the Panthers out of #1.

- There is an 80-85% chance Denver will trade out of the #2 spot, and there is a bidding war between Cincinnati and Arizona to see how can move up and get Gabbert. If this is the case, one wonders if either side will up their offer, go straight to Carolina and bypass the whole process.

- The Minnesota Vikings plan to take the BPA at #12 overall, but will do what it takes to trade back into the 1st round and get QB Ryan Mallett.

- The Washington Redskins at #10 have Gabbert and Locker at the top of their board at QB. Washington could trade up for Gabbert, but don't be surprised if they take Locker at #10.

- New England could make a big move and try to move into the top 10 to acquire either Von Miller or A.J. Green.

Some pretty interesting rumors in there.

I've been thinking for awhile that New England could package some picks (they certainly have the ammo) to move up for a stud like Robert Quinn or Cameron Jordan. Wouldn't surprise me in the least.

As for Washington taking Locker, I could definitely see it. He fits the typical Mike Shanahan QB profile to a tee.

Man I'd love it if 3 QBs went in the Top 5. That would mean the 49ers would have a great chance of landing Peterson or Miller. I would quite literally jump for joy if that happened :D

And also it would be lol-worthy for those three teams that actually took a QB :p

That New England rumour is also definitely a possibility. Like Stevo said, they have the ammo to make a big move. And if either Miller or Green are still around in between picks #8-#10, I wouldn't be surprised to see them pull the trigger.

If the Pats got AJ Green, I'd be all like...

W2Y2O.gif

• Upvote 1

Man I'd love it if 3 QBs went in the Top 5. That would mean the 49ers would have a great chance of landing Peterson or Miller. I would quite literally jump for joy if that happened :D

And also it would be lol-worthy for those three teams that actually took a QB :p

yeah, this is not a draft to have three QBs taken in the top five, though it'd be great for teams drafting 6-10, and I think the Pats almost have to trade up, they've got nine picks in this years' draft (six in the first three rounds) and they don't have a team they can really add nine players to, is it really worth drafting nine players when four or five might make the team rather than put a bunch of those picks into getting one of the top prospects?

Edited by oochymp

this is not a draft for 3 QBs to be taken in the top 25 let alone the top 5. None of these guys really inspires confidence like a Bradford or a Matt Ryan did. Unless you spend a year developing the guy, or taking a low ceiling/high floor player like Ponder or Dalton, teams desperate for a QB shouldn't expect any of these guys to fill the hole adequately. Newton is raw, Gabbert is Alex Smith all over again, Locker needs time to develop, Mallett is a nutjob, and Kaepernick needs time to get better as a QB.