Sign in to follow this  
KiLaSix9

2011 NBA Playoff Discussion

Chicago and Atlanta will go 7 games, methinks. It will not, by any means, be an easy series.

LA > Dallas

OKC > Memphis

Boston > Miami

Chicago > ATL

Again Memphis looked good today. Another upset in the making? :shrug:

Wow, I hope the Boston/Miami series isn't going to be called like that for the rest of the series. Otherwise, Miami has a clear path to the Eastern finals. Ejecting Pierce because he complained about a moving pick foul? GTFO. This is the playoffs. You don't call those bullshit fouls.

• Upvote 2

Wow, I hope the Boston/Miami series isn't going to be called like that for the rest of the series. Otherwise, Miami has a clear path to the Eastern finals. Ejecting Pierce because he complained about a moving pick foul? GTFO. This is the playoffs. You don't call those bullshit fouls.

yeah, I've tried to talk less and less about officiating on this board, but it was very much in favor of Miami today. Overkill on home cooking, you could say.

I told you Atlanta would make some noise against Chicago.

Each team trailing 0-1 will go on to win their respective series. Book it.

Guest Durant4MVP

Each team trailing 0-1 will go on to win their respective series. Book it.

God I hope so.

Edit: Well, except LA. I hope Dallas wins that series. If OKC beats Memphis I think they have a real shot at a Finals appearance if they play Dallas in the WCF.

Edited by Durant4MVP

God I hope so.

Edit: Well, except LA. I hope Dallas wins that series. If OKC beats Memphis I think they have a real shot at a Finals appearance if they play Dallas in the WCF.

LA and Chicago will probably win, but I have my doubts about OKC. They looked legitimately inferior to Memphis on Sunday. Let's see if things change.

Guest Durant4MVP

LA and Chicago will probably win, but I have my doubts about OKC. They looked legitimately inferior to Memphis on Sunday. Let's see if things change.

We'll find out tonight.

Boston was atrocious tonight. For some asinine reason they decided to give every shot to Garnett, like he's our first option at offense. Rondo continues to look lost. Yeah, if they don't get their ass in line by next game, they're getting the sweep.

Guest Durant4MVP

OKC led by double digits most of the night tonight but for some reason I just don't feel good about the win. I don't know that I can expect this team to come out and play THAT physical and get THAT much of a contribution from its bench three more times. I hope they prove me wrong though. If they can get past Memphis, I believe the WCF will be an easier series.

They really, really, really need to come out and get a win Saturday in Memphis.

Edited by Durant4MVP

I didn't realize this was going on and for so long. I was... let's just say out of town when the playoffs started. Guess I'll jump in now.

1st: Atlanta WILL beat the Bulls. The Bulls entire offensive gameplan is "go as far as D-Rose takes us." This series might be short like folks thought. It's just not going to end up the way they thought it would.

2nd: The Heat WILL beat Boston, and not because the officials are such Miami Heat fans. Pierce is a jack-ass and he got tossed for being such. They're just younger and ready. Boston could and should have played at least 6 against NY in a series that I thought they would sweep before it started. They did, but not in the fashion that I expected.

3rd: Go Lakers.

4th: Memphis is a lot better than we all thought. I never see them on TV, so I didn't realize how talented their lineup is from top to bottom. I think they beat the Thunder in a tough series.

Heat v. Lakers in the finals. That is all.

Boston was atrocious tonight. For some asinine reason they decided to give every shot to Garnett, like he's our first option at offense. Rondo continues to look lost. Yeah, if they don't get their ass in line by next game, they're getting the sweep.

Yeah, Boston can only blame themselves for last night's loss. I don't know what Rondo is doing out there these past two games. Before the series started, I thought he would be the one that would win it for us. Well, I guess I was kind of right since him being off his game is highly contributing to Boston losing...

They all need to turn this shit around when they get back to Boston. I fucking HATE Miami.

2nd: The Heat WILL beat Boston, and not because the officials are such Miami Heat fans. Pierce is a jack-ass and he got tossed for being such. They're just younger and ready. Boston could and should have played at least 6 against NY in a series that I thought they would sweep before it started. They did, but not in the fashion that I expected.

No, John. Just...no. Don't be naive.

Edited by Maverick

No, John. Just...no. Don't be naive.

Pierce was all crybaby again because Jones wouldn't let him do his famous cheap ass move by wrapping him up before he could pull that weak little fadeaway. He went over and gave the sissiest head butt i've ever seen. He should have been tossed right there for pretending to be tough. lol

Pierce was all crybaby again because Jones wouldn't let him do his famous cheap ass move by wrapping him up before he could pull that weak little fadeaway. He went over and gave the sissiest head butt i've ever seen. He should have been tossed right there for pretending to be tough. lol

lol its not "his" famous move. Every great shooter does it. You pump, get the guy in the air and then create contact while shooting. Kobe does it all day.

The head butt was weak I admit but the NBA even upgraded James Jones' foul into a flagrant after the game. So he did have a legit reason to be upset.

Edited by KiLaSix9

I might be proven wrong via Kobe Bryant's greatness, but Dallas appears to be better than LAL. Why? Because unlike Pau, Chandler and Haywood aren't pussies.

Edited by BwareDWare94

The Lol Angeles Lawlkers

Guest Durant4MVP

I might be proven wrong via Kobe Bryant's greatness, but Dallas appears to be better than LAL. Why? Because unlike Pau, Chandler and Haywood aren't pussies.

It's amazing what Chandler has done for this Dallas team. Incredible.

I've been praying for a Dallas/OKC WCF ever since it looked like both teams would be in the top 4 seeds. I don't know what I'll do with myself if it happens. Obviously I'll root for OKC but it'll be bittersweet if Dallas wins.

Pau Gasol is so weak lol.

Guest Durant4MVP

For once, I don't think it has anything to do with how soft of a player Pau is. He genuinely looks like he's lost his drive to play the game. It's not just the postseason he's looked bad in either. He's been pretty average the entire season.

Never thought I'd see the Lakers get swept. This after the Grizzlies took out the Spurs rather easily.

As good as Russel Westbrook is, his turnover problems have hurt the Thunder all season and are hurting them in this series.

Memphis doing what they are doing just goes to show you how much better the West is than the East. And 8th seed in the West can compete on the same level as a #2 or 3 in the East.

Damn. Rondo got his arm fuuuuuuucked up... hope he's ok. :(

Guest Durant4MVP

OKC showing their age this series. I still feel like they can and will win the series but it's probably going to 7 games.