Sign in to follow this  
RazorStar

Backstabbing and Betrayal, Let's Play Diplomacy

1.5 hours. Still waiting on Turkey, England and France.

I'm still waiting on your 3, if you don't get your orders in to me you will just hold in place.

New Maintenance Update

Photobucket customers,

If you are experiencing difficulties accessing Photobucket, or are receiving an error message in place of your photos, please refer to our blog at http://blog.photobucket.com for the latest information regarding the hardware issue still affecting some users. We will update the blog as we have more information about the resolution of this issue.

Thank you,

The Photobucket team.

So yeah, I'm held up till that's done.

Spring 1907: Hold it!

New news filters over the landscape of europe today. The great nation of France has surrendered to Italy, giving up and allowing the italians to walk all over Portugal and end France's claims at conquest. Surprisingly, both the king of England and the Sultan of Turkey have followed France's idea of holding in place and letting any invader walk all over them.

Spring1907Orders.jpg

Let's start by analyzing the moves of Russia. Surprisingly, Vin ducks out of German territory and moves back to his Sweden stronghold. Expecting an attack from Turkey in the south, he bolsters his defense in Moscow. Though Turkey didn't attack anyway. Lastly, he supports Italy into Silesia, letting them bounce out the German invaders.

In Germany, the Kaiser is still focused on defense, only taking claim to British territory, and holding the stalemate lines where they are. However, this means they can't prevent an all out Italian onslaught.

Italy takes over Silesia, replaces the unit in Bohemia, moves into Burgundy and Marseilles and takes a shot at Munich for the hell of it. Germany's main bastion of defense is now surrounded by 4 Italian units. He also takes over France, allowing Mathias to survive and stay in power as an Italian vassal as an act of kindness. Lastly, on the Turkish front, Rumania and Bulgaria both fall to Italian forces, with Turkey's Bulgarian army being destroyed. With these moves, 3 supply centers have fallen into Italian hands, and perhaps could come in the fall. Is Italy making it's final push for victory?

After all of these moves have been resolved we have:

Summer1907Retreats.jpg

Germany, you can retreat to Berlin, Prussia or Galicia, or you can Disband. Let me know what you want to do ASAP.

Fall1907.jpg

The Kaiser makes a swift retreat back into Berlin, giving one more shot at holding the front where it is right now.

ORDERS ARE DUE BY MAY 28th AT 9 AM Eastern

So I got thrown out of my house. Long story, but it's going to be real tough for me to get orders in. You guys might have to have somebody take my spot.

Oh wow, Zack wasn't kidding. Right, I'll see if anyone wants to replace you, otherwise Turkey will just hold in place.

Just waiting on Italy now.

Fall 1907: And Then There Were Four

As is becoming the norm in newspapers of the era, we have taken to spoiling things in the headlines. Our lone war expert in the country was asked about what he thought of the power struggle, but only responded with a whimpering "Snape kills Dumbledore!" Whatever that means, we're not sure but becoming shellshocked from all this chaos and destruction has almost become the norm. What new banners will we see this world fly? Perhaps, it's be the Red White and Blue of Russia.

RussiaFall1907.jpg

In the north edge of their territory, they make a move to kick England out of Scandanavia once and for all, throwing him to the German wolves in his seas. To Russia's south, Turkey still has a firm hold on Sevastopol, but in the Ukraine they find a place to strike. They're setting up for an attack next year, with promised reinforcements from the Capital I'm sure. But what will Turkey do to combat these moves from Russia?

TurkeyFall1907.jpg

The Sultan seems to have returned from his vacation, and is focused on removing the Italian presence from his territories, while moving into position to attack his prone SC's as well. He holds in the Aegean instead of attacking, and moves out of Ukraine to Galicia. Lastly he sends a double team attack from the Black Sea and Sevastopol to take over Rumania. Or at least, try to.

ItalyFall1907East.jpg

Italy is prepared for an attack on Bulgaria, and immediately holds there with help from a Rumanian Army. He even has a support from Constantinople to hold Bulgaria just in case he was attacked there too. He takes a shot at the Aegean, and floats a ship to the Eastern Mediterranean Sea. Lastly on the east side, he marches his armies north along the battle line, settling in at Prussia, Silesia and Bohemia.

ItalyFall1907West.jpg

To the west, Italy simply claims Portugal, and consolidates forces on the western battle line, while trying to make a shot for Belgium. It's pretty obvious Germany won't let this go so easily.

GermanyFall1907.jpg

Germany settles his account in England, taking their last Supply Center. He moves down to the Northern Sea, and takes another shot at the channel which is being held up by the last remnants of English loyalists. He holds in Brest, and he attacks at Burgundy with full force, with both a Belgium unit and the one in Paris. Lastly, instead of reclaiming Denmark as German Territory, he focuses on holding Munich with the power of 3 units.

All in all, the orders look like this:

Fall1907Orders.jpg

and resolved we have

Fall1907Retreats.jpg

England's unit will be Disbanded, and Italy can retreat to Ruhr, Picardy or Disband.

Alright, Italy retreats to Ruhr, and Trident is already on Self Destruct mode.

Winter1907-1908.jpg

Germany you have 1 build (Blocked because you have no open home SC's)

Italy you have 3 Builds

Russia you have 2 Builds

Turkey you have 1 Disband

England has 1 disband (already done)

Power Rankings Of 1907!

1. Italy (15 SC's)

Well you've got the road to conquest almost in the bag, 3 SC's to go, and you're already pretty entrenched in both German and Turkish Territory. Assuming nothing goes horribly wrong, you should win at the end of the year.

2. Germany (10 SC's)

Well you've fought well throughout, but you're probably done here. At least you'll survive with most of your supply centers in tact, and a second place finish isn't too bad. Hold off Italy as long as you can and maybe you'll get lucky.

3. Russia (6 SC's)

Well you've recovered to what you had in 1902. You can probably get Sevastopol back this year, and if Germany gets completely knocked up in these next turns you might finish in second place. So keep fighting on.

4. Turkey (3 SC's)

Just survive, Sean. You'd probably want to finish at least in 4th, so you'd need Italy to get to 18 SC's before you get to zero. Either hold out as long as you can, or do what Austria did earlier in the game and try a 1 unit retreat circlejerk for as long as possible.

5. England (Eliminated)

God damn it Trident.

6. France (Eliminated)

Good fight Mathias, you held up for as long as possible, but once Italy took Marseilles, you were sunk.

7. Austria (Eliminated)

LOL AUSTRIA.

God damn it, it can't be called a Bangyfail I was given a shit hand :(.

Deff want in from the beginning next time

Edited by Rodgers2Driver

Sorry about the delay going into this. Turkey automatically disbanded in Galicia, Russia made a fleet in St. Petes and an Army in Moscow, and Zack added two armies and a fleet to his growing military force.

Spring1908.jpg

Gentlemen, you have until May 31st at 8 AM Eastern to get your orders in. If Turkey is unable to get his orders in he will hold in place for the rest of the game.

GIVE ME YOUR ORDERS YOU BUTTNUGGETS.

God damn it, it can't be called a Bangyfail I was given a shit hand :(.

Deff want in from the beginning next time

Sorry Bangy.. not much I could really do.

Austria is a hard spot to start from anyways. It's in the center of everything.

Sorry Bangy.. not much I could really do.

Austria is a hard spot to start from anyways. It's in the center of everything.

Ha its cool bro I knew it was gonna be tough from the get go an anyway I would of taken England had I not been slow on the up take so no worries its my own fault

God damn it guys, don't stop getting in orders to me now. I can understand Turkey, but Germany, Italy, c'mon. You've got 10.5 hours before the hard limit, hurry up

Was partyin' all day yesterday. :rolleyes:

Edited by Barracuda

Sounds like valid excuses to me. >_> Anyway, you're here now so you know what to do. I'll wait a few hours more for Turkey, before writing up the update.

I'll give it exactly 1 hour. So if you have any revisions, or if Sean wants to show up, that's all the time left.

Spring 1908: Penultimate

Ok, Turkey has been put on hold for the rest of the game, which might be over soon. Anyway, I got lazy so no images for each country, just all the orders, and then all the orders resolved.

Spring1908Orders.jpg

(I finally figured out how to show the red x's for failed moves!)

So let's start with Italy, the major power of this war and the country who almost has this wrapped up. With help from Russia, Sevastopol is easily taken over by Italian influence. I suppose Russia just wants to end this war and has no qualms with Italian influence in what was once their lands. Ankara and Smyrna are easily occupied by Italian fleets, with the troops near their home centers they focus on covering the seas around Italy. On the Western front he pushes in the Mid Atlantic, and despite a few failed attacks in Germany's western flank, they finally succeed in getting into Germany, but not from Munich. Berlin is wide open for an assault, and the shrewd President makes his move.

In other news for Russia, they cover the North, moving into the Barents, and out of Sweden. In Germany, they try desperately to cover in Munich but with Berlin open to assault, the Kaiser can't save his city. He bounces the Italians out of Burgundy, and covers his home centers in the Low Countries. With a fleet movement West and Brest well secured, Germany appears to just be holding on to his supply centers before Italy claims Europe all on it's own. Turkey does nothing out of fear.

So when resolved, we have this.

Fall1908-1.jpg

Italy has control over 4 new centers, if he isn't moved from at least two of them, he'll win by the end of this year. Because of that, I'd like to reduce the time for the orders to get in. If you guys want to surrender to Zack just say so and I'll hold all of your units. If both Germany and Russia agree I'll have everyone hold this turn and the game will end. So you have 24 hours to get your orders in.

Edited by RazorStar
Made a mistake for the first time. =O

Ok, the second image has been adjusted to reflect that.

Fall 1908: The End

Game ends. Power Italy wins by controlling 20 supply centers; 18 supply

centers are required to win.Order resolution completed on

31-May-2011 at 21:34:32 MDT

Fall1908Orders.jpg

So neither Germany nor Russia surrendered in the end, but they didn't do nearly enough to stop Zack from winning this thing.

GridironGame1Conclusion.jpg

What a green map, that must be easy for cartographers to draw up. Germany in the North West, Russia in the North East, Italy in the entire south. I hope you all had fun playing.