Sign in to follow this  
Barracuda

Draft Day Mock

Ladies and gentleman; we are about to embark on a great crusade, for which we have striven these many months. It is D-Day, and we will accept nothing less then full victory. Good luck, and let us beseech the blessing of Almighty God upon this great and noble undertaking.

Alright it's not that dramatic but damn close. We have speculated, criticized, praised, and debated for many months. Now the object is upon us and all those statements made over the last couple of months will be fulfilled in the next three days. With this said, I shall make my final speculation before the deed is done.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

1. :panthers: - Cam Newton, QB, Auburn

The obvious choice here. Although, I highly disagree with it they will take him. He could pan out but like I have said in other threads he needs to sit for at least two years, but I don't see how him sitting behind Clausen could do much good. He should go to a team with a solid starting QB that intends to make a project out of him. Speaking in that regard I believe San Fran would be the best fit for him.

2. :Broncos: - Von Miller, LB, Texas A&M

Everyone knows Von Miller is a 3-4 OLB, but McDaniels(my dumb mistake) has a record for bad drafting and this seems like the guy they want. The Broncos are running a 4-3 now so this pick makes little sense to me but it seems Elway and McDaniels like this kid a lot.

3. :Bills: - Blaine Gabbert, QB, Missouri

Marcell Dareus should be the choice here but the Bills being the Bills feel the need to take one of the premier QB's before they're all gone. Once again, the smart choice would be Dareus and one of the second-tier quarterbacks in the second or third round. I believe Blaine Gabbert could pan out but he's not my favorite of the class.

4. :Bengals: - A.J. Green, WR, Georgia

Another one of the 'lock' type picks. Number 1 receiver Chad Johnson just said yesterday his time is up in Cin City. Jordan Shipley could be a great number two but AJ Green is gonna have to fill the shoes of the number one guy.

5. :Cardinals: - Patrick Peterson, CB, LSU

The Cardinals are in dire need of a QB. That's fine, DA says, but Whisenhunt will be looking for a veteran rather then a rookie. Patrick Peterson is a good choice because the Cardinals also have needs on defense. Peterson is an instinctive player with good hands and eyes making him the number one prospect. Good choice Cardinals.

6 :Texans: - Prince Amukamara, CB, Nebraska

VIA trade with the Browns. The Browns are looking to get out of the number 6 spot since AJ Green is gone. The Texans are looking to score one of the top two cornerbacks. The Texans are just a few defenders away from a playoff run. Peterson would be the first choice but some say Prince is better in coverage. This is a safe pick because there's almost no down side to this kid other then that he may be slow developing DB like Kareem Jackson.

7. :49ers: - Nick Fairley, DT, Auburn

How dare the Texans trade up in front of us and take our beloved prospect. Who knows they may even take a QB here. They could still take CB if they really wanted one. Hard pick if the Texans do trade up and both CB's are gone. However, Fairley is a fine addition.

8. :Titans: - Jake Locker, QB, Washington Marcell Dareus, DT, Alabama

Vince Young is out, Jeff Fisher out. Time to start new. Not to sure about Locker, he seems like a real leader and I think he could do well in the NFL. Because I fail and forgot to include Marcell Dareus in my mock, I'll just have the Titans nabbing him at 8 after Nick Fairley is taken. I'm doing this just because it's easier and I'll have Locker fall out of the first.

9. :Patriots: - Cameron Jordan, DE, California

VIA trade with the Cowboys. Perfect fit in the Hoodies system and with the ammo he has he's going to move up to get him. Premier pass rusher is a big need for the Patriots and they fill it here. The Cowboys feel they can get their guy in the middle of the first round and would be willing to move back for an added second rounder.

10. :Redskins: - Mark Ingram, RB, Alabama

What does Shanahan do best with runningbacks? That's right, turns them into 1,000 yard rushers with a good blocking scheme. Everyone assumes they will take a QB, which they do need but I think will fill in a later round. The Redskins were exposed at WR and RB last year. I could be wrong, and they take a closer look at other smaller backs like Ryan Williams and take a QB here.

11. :Browns: - J.J. Watt, DE, Wisconsin

Via trade with Cowboys. Browns biggest need since switching to a 3-4, getting a new headcoach, defensive coordinator and releasing several defensive lineman is to recreate that defensive line. J.J. Watt is a good choice at this spot.

12. :Vikings: - Robert Quinn, DE, North Carolina

Quinn falls out of the top ten and Vikings perhaps get a bit of a steal at the twelfth pick. Wouldn't surprise me if they even tried to go QB here but the talent of Quinn is hard to pass up at this spot.

13. :Lions: - Tyron Smith, OT, USC

Lions are going to protect their QB now. Julio Jones still on the board may be tempting but offensive line is a bigger need.

14. :Rams: - Julio Jones, WR, Alabama

Sam Bradford gets a new pair of shoes.

15. :dolphins: - Aldon Smith, DE/OLB, Missouri

Cameron Wake and Aldon Smith could be a hell of a pass rush. They would have to move Misi inside next to Dansby. Surprise pick here.

16. :jags: - Ryan Kerrigan, DE, Purdue

It would surprise me if the Jags took anyone else besides Kerrigan here. Ponder is high on their board and if they really want him they will trade down to get him.

17. :Cowboys: - Anthony Costanzo, OT, Boston College

Via trade with the Patriots. Romo out nearly half the season. We can't let that happen again. They have other needs on defense, especially at CB but with both gone before their pick they will look to move down. Good solid pick.

18. :Chargers: - Muhammed Wilkerson, DE/DT, Temple

Chargers need a quality defensive lineman and they find one right here at 18.

19. :Giants: - Nate Solder, OT, Colorado

Giants will take the best offensive lineman available at this spot, which in my mind would be Nate Solder.

20. :Bucs: - Adrian Clayborn, DE, Iowa

Does have some concerns but the Bucs will be looking for a DE. This could be Akeem Ayers or even Cameron Heyward.

21. :Chiefs: - Akeem Ayers, DE, UCLA

Pioli wants a dominate defensive lineman at first I though Phil Taylor would be a good fit but with his foot condition now he will most likely fall out of the 1st round.

22. :Colts: - Gabe Carimi, OT, Wisconsin

What happens when Peyton Manning has pressure in his face constantly? He throws interceptions. Who can stop the pressure from constantly being in Peyton Manning's face? Gabe Carimi.

23. :Eagles: - Mike Pouncey, G, Florida

Mike Vick had a fantastic year. But I don't think he can improve much. With Pouncey up there we could ensure that Vick can stay healthy with his new found passion of actually staying in the pocket.

24. :Saints: - Da'Quan Bowers, DE, Clemson

A long fall for the poor kid. His knee is blatantly a problem. I could see the Saints taking a risk here. If his knee becomes totally repaired and he can contribute, in the long run this could be a major steal.

25. :Seahawks: - Corey Liuget, DT, Illinois

Mebane is a free agent, he Seahawks need to fill his shoes. If Liuget gets down this far the Seahawks should jump all over him.

26. :Ravens: - Jimmy Smith, CB, Colorado

Has the talent to be a first rounder, however again off-field issues plague our young prospects. He could easily fall out of the first round. The Ravens need serious CB help and Jimmy Smith could be worth the risk.

27. :Falcons: - Kyle Rudolph, TE, Notre Dame

Gonzalez is near the end of his career. Gonzalez said he would retire if the lockout lasted awhile. This is a good pick for the Falcons.

28. :Raiders: - Colin Kaepernick, QB, Nevada

Via trade with the Patriots. The second first round selection by the Patriots will I believe most likely traded away. The Raiders expressed interest in moving into the first and interest in Kaepernick.

29. :Bears: - Derek Sherrod, OT, Mississippi State

If Sherrod is available this should be the Bears pick. Cutler is sacked way to many times. The Bears have one of the worst offensive lines in the league if not the worst.

30. :Jets: - Brooks Reed, DE/OLB, Arizona

The Jets had a great pass rush 2 years ago, but for some reason last year the defense wasn't as productive even with the addition of Jason Taylor. Taylor was used mainly for passing situations but again, wasn't that productive. Brooks Reed seems like Rex's kind of guy. A good fit for the Jets.

31. :Steelers: - Cameron Heyward, DE/DT, The Ohio State University

A great player who I believe could make big production on any team he goes to. Good size, quick and instinctive. Great addition to LeBeau's scheme.

32. :Packers: - Phil Taylor, NT, Baylor

I said earlier that he could fall out of the first round, but a late first isn't out of the question. The Packers don't really have any needs, if anything they're looking to add depth. A rotation between Phil Taylor and B.J. Raji could be devastating.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

In less then a couple hours the draft will be upon us. We have been through a lot. I did this mock draft to be a little different and catch your guy's last thoughts before it starts. Anyways, thank you for reading and good luck to you and all of your teams. :D

EDIT: OMG I FORGOT MARCELL DAREUS. I don't feel like editing everything around now...I fail.

Edited by Barracuda

BJ Raji is devastating alone... I would be very disappointed to come out of the 1st with a NT.

• Upvote 1

BJ Raji is devastating alone... I would be very disappointed to come out of the 1st with a NT.

Yeah BJ Raji is devastating, I had a hard time with their pick. They have little holes I could see maybe Ben Ijalana but that may a bit of a reach.

1. Josh McDaniels is no longer with the Broncos.

2. I can positively say the Texans will not trade up for Amukamara. I would bet my life on it.

3. Mike Shanahan has never drafted a running back in the first round, and that isn't going to change. He's so confident in his zone-blocking scheme that he can plug in any RB and they'll be successful.

4. Browns are switching to a 4-3. Watt can play in a 4-3, but I believe they'd have Quinn ranked higher.

5. Like JD said earlier, there are much more pressing needs than a nose tackle for the Packers.

6. Somebody would likely trade for Julio Jones before he falls to the Rams at #14. (I'd guess the Falcons)

• Upvote 1

1. Josh McDaniels is no longer with the Broncos.

2. I can positively say the Texans will not trade up for Amukamara. I would bet my life on it.

3. Mike Shanahan has never drafted a running back in the first round, and that isn't going to change. He's so confident in his zone-blocking scheme that he can plug in any RB and they'll be successful.

4. Browns are switching to a 4-3. Watt can play in a 4-3, but I believe they'd have Quinn ranked higher.

5. Like JD said earlier, there are much more pressing needs than a nose tackle for the Packers.

6. Somebody would likely trade for Julio Jones before he falls to the Rams at #14. (I'd guess the Falcons)

1st one was def. my stupid mistake.

2nd I think they'd settle for him but of course they want Peterson.

3rd I'm just doing something different, everyone suspects a QB

4th Quinn is probably ranked higher than Watt, but again just being different

5th and 6th are both good points

We need to trade up for Peterson or take Amukamara. I don't know why we're so set on not doing so.

• Upvote 1

-Ingram in the top 10 would be a shocker. I don't think he'll even go in the 1st round.

-If Bowers is on the board when the Bucs pick, I think we will take him over Clayborn.

-I doubt Akeem Ayers falls out of the 1st round. I think the Jets or Patriots will snag him up late in the 1st round.