Sign in to follow this  
BLUE

Dawan Landry could be targeted by Cowboys

Per Rotoworld.com:

The Cowboys' website floats free agent SS Dawan Landry as a possible offseason target for Dallas.

Landry's free agency could wind up restricted if the 2011 season is played under a lockout injunction, but the Ravens have a history of letting Ed Reed's running mate at safety walk (Will Demps, Jim Leonhard). Landry would be somewhat familiar with Cowboys DC Rob Ryan's scheme after playing for brother Rex early in his career. Dallas has two glaring needs at safety. May 13, 2:37 PM

Source: dallascowboys.com

I'm OK with this, because there's talk of a safety not named Alan Ball.

Guest Durant4MVP

Not sure how I feel about this. I kinda like Sensabaugh and I think he'll return to the team.

I'm OK with this, because there's talk of a safety not named Alan Ball.

Garrett hinted he'd be moved back to CB this year.

But the Cowboys already have a strong safety, and a good one. Which of the two would go to free if Landry were signed?

But the Cowboys already have a strong safety, and a good one. Which of the two would go to free if Landry were signed?

Yeah, I don't know. I just want to have another safety added to the team. I hope we resign Sensabaugh because he's not bad in coverage and is a great tackler.

The Dallas Cowboys are reportedly looking at Baltimore Ravens safety Dawan Landry as a possible offseason target. According to Josh Ellis of DallasCowboys.com, the team could have interest in the strong safety if he becomes an unrestricted free agent under the new CBA. Even if Landry maintains his restricted status, the Ravens have a history of letting Ed Reed’s field mates skip town–see: Will Demps and Jim Leonhard. Boasting both experience as a starter (64 games in five years) and strong run-stopping ability (193 tackles in the last two seasons), Landry would be a nice addition for a team that has a major need at the position and already missed out on free agent safeties O.J. Atogwe and Bob Sanders. Landry would also be somewhat familiar with new defensive coordinator Rob Ryan’s scheme after playing for brother Rex in his first two NFL seasons.

Source: Football News Now