Sign in to follow this  
BLUE

Babin wants to be back with Titans

Per Rotoworld.com:

Free agent DE Jason Babin reiterated that he'd like to re-sign with the Titans.

Babin was a career journeyman before breaking out with 12.5 sacks and a Pro Bowl trip last season. During the recent mini-break in the lockout, the Titans reached out to Babin and expressed interest. Still, it's unclear if they are willing to match open market value for a 31-year-old with one good year on his resume. The Bucs and Redskins have been rumored to be interested as well. May 16, 12:00 PM

Source: Nashville Tennessean

I'm thinking he's going to stay in Tennessee. It's the first time in his eight seasons in the NFL that he has actually looked like a first round draft pick caliber type of player. It would be really nice to see him leave the AFC South! :p

He was a product of Jim Washburn, IMO. Hopefully he keeps what Washburn taught him embedded in his brain, though our system will be a good bit different this year.

Eh, I don't think I want him in Tampa. We've seemingly invested the DE spot into Clayborn and Bowers. While DE is still something that should be adressed in FA due to lack of depth and uncertainty with Bowers' knee, a high priced DE who can potentially keep young guys from developing is not the answer.

He was a product of Jim Washburn, IMO. Hopefully he keeps what Washburn taught him embedded in his brain, though our system will be a good bit different this year.

I agree.

I also read somewhere that our DC wants bigger defensive ends. I dunno if we will retain him or not.

Guest MikeyDay

Win win if he stays or walks imo. He plays like KVB did, tryna prove hes worth a spot on a roster. We have Morgan coming back wholl light it up and if Babin stays then so be it.