Favre4Ever

Family Guy Creator Seth McFarlane to Revive Flintsones

"The Flintstones," the classic 1960s prime time animated show about a rotund, belligerent caveman named Fred Flinstone and his improbably hot (for a cartoon) wife Wilma, is coming back to TV.

"Family Guy" creator Seth MacFarlane will retool the series for Fox TV, the network has announced, with an expected premiere date of fall 2013.

"The very first cartoon character I drew at age two was Fred Flintstone," MacFarlane said in a statement. "So it's appropriate that events have come full circle, allowing me to produce the newest incarnation of this great franchise. Plus, I think America is finally ready for an animated sitcom about a fat, stupid guy with a wife who's too good for him."

Ha, ha, we get it; he's just described pretty much every animated sitcom on Fox. But here's the real question: Is America ready for a "Flintstones" that gets down and dirty? The original show, a cartoon version of the Jackie Gleason sitcom "The Honeymooners," was a purely G-rated affair, whereas "Family Guy" gleefully ambushes the boundaries of good taste on every episode.

http://www.mercurynews.com/breaking-news/ci_18081850

Interesting. Don't know how this is gonna pan out.

I'd be willing to give it a chance.

I'd be willing to give it a chance.

Oh ya... I will give it a shot. And I realize we are a ways away from this actually happening, but I just don't have very high expectations.

Hmmm..I loved the Flintstones as a kid but it was such a colorful, light-humoured show. I don't know how I'd like it if were the same sarcastic and edgy comedy as Family Guy. I hope its more like The Simpsons.

I would definitely watch it.

One of my favorite shows as a kid, hope he doesn't fuck it up...

As long as it's the actual Flintstones and not Family Guy posing as The Flintstones, I'm all for it.

This isn't going to work.

As long as it's the actual Flintstones and not Family Guy posing as The Flintstones, I'm all for it.

That's what I am afraid of.

This isn't going to work.

And my prediction as well.

Being that its going to be on Fox, I'm sure they plan to make it like Family Guy and American Dad.

Sorry, but I also feel it won't work. The Flinstones I watched as a kid was a fun show. Making it like Family Guy and American Dad will ruin it.