Sign in to follow this  
BLUE

Brandt: Mark Ingram is a top draft steal

Per Rotoworld.com:

NFL.com's Gil Brandt believes "history will show" Saints RB Mark Ingram as one of this year's draft steals.

"I think of him in relation to Emmitt Smith in terms of style, and I think he'll be a successful RB for the Saints," writes Brandt. "He's got great character, and that is a big success factor as well." If not for the current NFL group-think that has teams steering clear of tailbacks early in the draft, Ingram would have been a legit top-15 pick. May 17, 9:00 PM

Source: NFL.com

Eh, he better be Emmitt Smith if he is going to be considered a steal when the Saints gave up two firsts for him.

Eh, he better be Emmitt Smith if he is going to be considered a steal when the Saints gave up two firsts for him.

We only gave up one 1st for him. A first next year and the second round pick of this draft.

If they're hoping for Emmit Smith numbers, they better get a supporting cast of the same caliber that Emmit had.

If they're hoping for Emmit Smith numbers, they better get a supporting cast of the same caliber that Emmit had.

They do. They have a great QB, two of the best guards in football, they have the recievers(granted none of them are on par with Irvin) and TE Jimmy Graham is going to be a stud(tho he isn't Novachek). The tackles are good enough to run block.

It's more of do they have the coach who is willing to run the ball enough times. But with the injuries the Saints have had at RB I just hope he can stay healthy like Emmit for a full year.

With a QB like Brees I doubt he'll get Emmitt type numbers. The Saints won't need Ingram to touch the ball 350 or more times a year like the Cowboys did with Emmitt for quite a few seasons. Brees throws at least 100 or more balls a year than Troy did.

Troy didn't need to throw 100 more times a year, with that O-line, Moose Jonhston, and Emmit Smith walking it up the field.

Dallas also had one of the better defenses, in a long time, to keep the opposing defenses from resting on the sidelines.