Sign in to follow this  
BLUE

Jaiquawn Jarrett expected to be a starter

Per Rotoworld.com:

The Philadelphia Inquirer confirms that No. 54 overall pick Jaiquawn Jarrett is "penciled in" as the Eagles' starting strong safety.

Kurt Coleman will be the Birds' third safety, and free agent Quintin Mikell won't be back. Coach Andy Reid has described Jarrett as the most intimidating safety in the 2011 draft, and he showed a knack for making plays on the ball at Temple. He'll be an interesting rookie pick in IDP leagues right away. May 26, 10:27 AM

Source: Philadelphia Inquirer

would resigning Mikell really be that big of a pain in the ass....?

No because he initially wanted to be back. He's not the kind of guy who just wants the most money possible (well, now he might be). And that's what bothered me about the Jarrett draft pick in the first place.

Best of luck, Quintin. I hope you beast it up in 2011 as long as you don't sign with an NFC East rival.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuck. There you go everyone that says I love everything the Eagles do. Here's a rare mistake. Mikell isn't the greatest safety, and maybe a bit overrated by people who don't see him week in and week out, but he definitely 100% should be around for another year or two while Jarrett develops.