Sign in to follow this  
sweetness34

Need an opinion on a car

So I need some honest opinions here guys, since high school I've driven a 1992 F-250 that I've fixed up and pimped out with my dad. Now it sucks because it's a gas hog, no A/C, no power windows, and no power locks. Plus lots of maintenance work because it's old.

Now here's the situation, it's in the shop for the next two weeks due to me taking off my car door by accident, oops.Now for the next two weeks I'm driving my step-mom's 2010 suburu outback. Now this thing is ballin on the inside, im 6'4 and I can stretch my legs out fully and and still have about 6in-1ft of head room.

Now my question is, is this a chick car or could I pull it off? My step-mom wants to get a 2012 Outback so my parents are considering giving me this one.

This is what it looks like:

2010SubaruOutback.jpg

If your parents are giving it to you, I wouldn't complain. lol

• Upvote 1

ha always true, but I think if I held out though it is a possibility I could pick out a used car. Because as much as I love my truck it's just falling apart right now and costing way more money than it'll ever be worth

I don't know. It kind of looks it but like you've said and others have said it's huuuge so I wouldn't really call that a girls car.

And it's free so yeah definitely take it.

I drive a Buick Enclave most of the time and it's pretty similar in size to that car. Personally I wouldn't worry about the looks too much. I agree it's a bit like a mom-with-kids-car but it's nice on the inside. If anyone tries to hate on you for it I say fuck 'em. At least you'll have AC, good mileage, and comfortable seating. If you're lucky like me your seats might even be heated for the winter.

feels-good-man.jpg

If ya got the money you can also get a nice paint job and some decent rims to help you pull it off. It's possible to turn just about any car you would think would be girlie or soccer mom-ish into something fit for a guy.

So you have a shitty car thats older than me and now have the opportunity to replace it with a car thats about 2 years old for free.

It could be a hot pink minivan and I'd call you a moron for turning it down.

• Upvote 1

Free pretty much trumps everything else...add reliability, comfort, and efficient and it should be a no brainer.

You could always get your "manly" auto on the side to drive around on the weekend or whatever. Men all over the country do it that way. Hot rod in the garage, MPG car for the commuting.

TAKE THE CAR!!!

Trust me. If you don't your truck will die and you will have to pay for a new car. As you're signing on the dotted line you will be wishing you took the car.

Also, I don't think it looks too soccer mom-ish. I mean, maybe a little. But my first impression when I saw it was that it could go off-road, which isn't a female thing at all.

Plus, I know plenty of kids who drive mini vans (about as mom-ish as you can get) just because they got it for free. I don't care what it looks like, if you're offered a free car, take it. Unless you want to buy my car from me and give me the free one. ;)

Oh, and through that whole explanation I didn't even mention that is more comfortable and reliable than your current car. If I were you I would take the other car, but, knowing me, I probably wouldn't be able to get rid of the truck after putting so much into it, therefore holding onto two cars until someone convinced me to get rid of the truck.

Edited by WindyCitySports

Ya I would never get rid of my truck, I have probably over twenty grand invested in it and maybe could get between 5 and 10 grand for it on a good day. There is no point to sell it.

nice. only think missing is the pink body paint and car-lashes.

loljk, reckon you can pimp it out and make it work :D