Sign in to follow this  
BLUE

Aaron Rodgers starts a record label

Posted by Mike Florio on June 14, 2011, 12:47 AM EDT

The lockout is providing NFL players plenty of time to pursue other interests. For Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers, those other interests include starting a record label.

Rodgers has launched Suspended Sunrise Recordings, and the company is working with a band known as The Make, which has its roots in Rodgers’ hometown of Chico, California.

“This is the first step in the process,†Rodgers told KRCRTV.com. “My business partner and I have been working for a couple of years trying to put this whole thing together. We’re excited about starting the process, to see what happens with this band. Obviously football is my first priority, music is my passion after that.â€

Or maybe Rodgers is just looking for a tax write-off.

If he isn’t, there’s a good chance that he nevertheless has found one.

Source: ProFootballTalk

Seems like a record label is a bad investment nowadays.

Seems like a record label is a bad investment nowadays.

Kinda what I was thinking... Unless you are one of the mega labels, you aren't going to get very far. You might strike gold and find the next "it" band or singer, but the chances of that are slim to none.

Perhaps he should be working out more instead of doing this.

I guarantee you that Aaron is in peak physical condition.

Cause you can't do anything on the side? I bet the Bears are working out 24/7 :dry:

Guest Durant4MVP

I agree. He should robotically throw footballs and bench press simultaneously 24 hours a day.

Jesus Christ I didn't mean to offend anyone. It's just that a lot of players are in the news for working out and organizing team practices.

Jesus Christ I didn't mean to offend anyone. It's just that a lot of players are in the news for working out and organizing team practices.

No offense taken.

Just cuz everybody is out working out with their teammates doesn't mean we have to. It's still mid-June, training camps for the Packers usually don't start til like July 25.

Rodgers and other team leaders said they're still betting on having a season and a new deal struck by the end of this month, so that camps begin on schedule. He said that if in a week or two there is no agreement, then he'll start organizing stuff.