Sign in to follow this  
BLUE

Patrick Peterson plans to play at 210-212 lbs

Per Rotoworld.com:

Cardinals first-rounder Patrick Peterson plans to start his NFL career in the 210-212 pound range after playing at 220 in college.

"I'm kind of sick of hearing 'You are 220, you can't hang with the best, you might have to move to safety,' so I kind of did it on my own," Peterson said. "It was my decision. I want to go to camp kind of light because I know it's a different climate in Arizona and I don't want to be killing myself up there in the heat." We like Peterson's willingness to adapt, and the weight loss should help in coverage. Jun 30, 2:16 PM

Source: AzCardinals.com

He was gonna be asked to drop at least 5 pounds anyways whenever training camp would start. idt his weight is/will be a problem, dropping weight helps him with rookie fatigue, any stiffness, etc...

the heat in Arizona? Dude went to LSU, didn't he? What's hotter than the South with it's damn humidity?

Arizona is torture in the summer, constantly in the 100-110 range with no chance of rain. It's like a desert out there. =O

Arizona is torture in the summer, constantly in the 100-110 range with no chance of rain. It's like a desert out there. =O

Well, I understand that, but it's dry heat. While 100-110 still sucks, there's no humidity. Humidity is what kills, what makes it hard to breathe.

Refer to my avatar if he drops too much weight... :D

• Upvote 1