Sign in to follow this  
Turry

Carson staying put

SI.com's Peter King insists Carson Palmer will not be traded to the Seahawks this summer.

In a follow-up tweet, King suggested Bengals owner Mike Brown is stubborn enough to sit on Palmer all season. It's worth noting because King reported early this offseason that the Bengals would listen to trade offers once the CBA was finalized. He's now singing a different tune, likely after hearing from Bengals sources.

Related: Seahawks

Source: Peter King on Twitter

The Bengals are incredibly inept, it is kind of sad. Why would you not trade Palmer? Add extra picks to a rebuilding team is a no brainer for me. They already drafted his replacement.

The Bengals are incredibly inept, it is kind of sad. Why would you not trade Palmer? Add extra picks to a rebuilding team is a no brainer for me. They already drafted his replacement.

Exactly. I mean it's not like Carson has been playing lights out the last few years. Let's face it...he's sucked it up.

They had a very good draft, IMO, getting AJ Green, Andy Dalton (Should and will start week 1), Dontay Moch and Robert Sands. Keep the ball rolling and get some draft picks for next years draft. Either way Carson is gone...get something for him.

Mike Brown has got to be the worst owner in the NFL. Seriously, what is the point of holding onto a guy just because you're stubborn? Is this a pride issue for Mike? You'd rather stick it to a guy and make your team worse with the drama involved rather than get something for him and improve on your team?

So many questions for this guy but it can be all summed up to one thing: He doesn't care about the Bengal fans, and he clearly doesn't care about winning. I'm glad they're putting in a high cap floor for lame ass cheap owners like this that just like to take advantage of the city and the teams fans.

Mike Brown has got to be the worst owner in the NFL. Seriously, what is the point of holding onto a guy just because you're stubborn? Is this a pride issue for Mike? You'd rather stick it to a guy and make your team worse with the drama involved rather than get something for him and improve on your team?

So many questions for this guy but it can be all summed up to one thing: He doesn't care about the Bengal fans, and he clearly doesn't care about winning. I'm glad they're putting in a high cap floor for lame ass cheap owners like this that just like to take advantage of the city and the teams fans.

Mike Brown is a stubborn son of a whore, seriously. Quite honestly if I was Cincy I would petition to get him the fuck off my team, or at least a GM for god's sake. It's like he enjoys the Bengals being a piece of shit.

Mike Brown is a stubborn son of a whore, seriously. Quite honestly if I was Cincy I would petition to get him the fuck off my team, or at least a GM for god's sake. It's like he enjoys the Bengals being a piece of shit.

He gets a bonus for every game the Bengals lose. The Steelers paid him off just like they paid off all those refs.... :ninja:

I've heard this topic discussed over and over from a Seahawks perspective and because John Clayton comes on Seattle's sports radio channels all the time because he's located here. Carson Palmer keeps saying repeatedly that he is going to retire, and have no problem doing so if Cincy doesn't trade him. He sounds pretty serious. It will be interesting to see if Cincy actually does hold onto him, and let him retire. Or will he then un-retire and join Pete Carroll's squad mid-season through and become Hasselbeck's backup?

I really don't see Carson as a back up. He would want to start or he will retire.

Or will he then un-retire and join Pete Carroll's squad mid-season through and become Hasselbeck's backup?

I'm pretty sure if he retires, the Bengals will still hold his rights if he comes back. I think after Favre "retired" he had to get the Jets to release him from the remainder of his contract.