Sign in to follow this  
rzb

Touchbacks

All I can say is that the Bears were one of the only teams to vote against this rule and when everyone was saying that it wasn't a big difference, I knew it would be.

The NFL needs to get rid of this rule now. Does it really make sense to try to prevent injuries by eliminating part of the game? That's like saying that the NFL should cease to exist because then no one would get injured.

All I can say is that the Bears were one of the only teams to vote against this rule and when everyone was saying that it wasn't a big difference, I knew it would be.

I didn't hear anyone say it wouldn't be a big difference. BUT I also didn't hear anyone say anything about it when all the analysts were saying "oh here are all the rule changes," as if the NFL was trying to sweep it under the rug without anybody noticing.

There was a KR today. There was another big return.

Obviously there were a lot more touchbacks, but if the Packers can return a kickoff, then I'm sure other teams can too.

I don't think kickoff returns are going to suffer too much, by the looks of it.

It will all really depend on how bad the returning guy wants it. Yes, it will be more challenging, but we have at least seen that TD's can still happen. Hell, Cobb brought it back from the back of the end zone tonight. Adapt and overcome, until leadership wises up and makes some tweaks to the rule.

There was a KR today. There was another big return.

Obviously there were a lot more touchbacks, but if the Packers can return a kickoff, then I'm sure other teams can too.

I don't think kickoff returns are going to suffer too much, by the looks of it.

That was also a miracle Cobb didn't fall down when he got hit. I don't know how many people could repeat that.

Yeah I really hated all the touchbacks last night...it really takes a lot of the excitement out of the game. The punts definitely have a chance to be dangerous and electrifying as usual but I definitely missed the excitement that comes from the kickoff returns.

There will be more returns as the weather gets colder. Air will be denser and the ball won't travel as far resulting in more returns than touchbacks. At least in outdoor stadiums.

In indoor stadiums it won't happen as much.