BLUE

Seahawks sign former Packers safety Bigby

Per Rotoworld.com:

Seahawks signed S Atari Bigby, formerly of the Packers.

The signing suggests Seattle isn't exactly thrilled with the situation at strong safety. Bigby is a former starter in Green Bay, but he's managed just 24 games over the past three years. Turning 30 in September, he shouldn't be a legit threat to Kam Chancellor's starting job. Aug 16, 3:19 PM

Good veteran depth signing who can play good when healthy i expect Kam Chancellor to be the starter at SS though.

Edited by Sacks98

Is Kam Chancellor that good? I'd say Bigby can easily challenge him if he's healthy. Although, I must say that I don't expect him to stay healthy... So it's unlikely he will be a starter. But ya never know.

Edited by Favre4Ever

I think so yes he has alot of natural raw talent. Maybe it doesnt mean much but Coach Carroll went with Chancellor instead of his CB he coached in the USC. (this was Coach Carrolls 1st year with the Hawks)

Is Kam Chancellor that good? I'd say Bigby can easily challenge him if he's healthy. Although, I must say that I don't expect him to stay healthy... So it's unlikely he will be a starter. But ya never know.

I want to say Coach Carroll announced that Earl Thomas was the starting SS but I could be wrong....

Good veteran depth signing who can play good when healthy i expect Kam Chancellor to be the starter at SS though.

He was last I heard. Not like we can't always use more good safeties though. Our secondary does rather... uh... suck horribly.

The Hawks signed that CB from the Packers not sure if he is any good or not. I came across a forum that was talking about this trade and the Packer fans were actually happy he left because he was worthless, as well as that he is the Seahawks problem now....

He was last I heard. Not like we can't always use more good safeties though. Our secondary does rather... uh... suck horribly.

Atari Bigby, nor anybody for that matter, can make our secondary any worse. WIthout Earl Thomas it would be hands down the league's worst. He's been owning fools all camp long. He gets on you like super glue, and if you're lucky enough to haul in the pass, you're going down promptly. Atari Bigby was one of GB's favorite young players back in 2008-2009. Makes sense that John Schneider would wanna go after him again. He knocked both Deion Branch and Nate Burleson right out of the game in the snowy playoff game that season if I'm not mistaken. Our job now, is to figure out what the hell happened to him when he just fell off the face of the earth. Injuries of course attributed to his downfall, but my gut tells me it was a handful of other things. :shrug:

I agree, when healthy he isn't bad at all. But the odds of him staying healthy aren't favorable. Not sure just how good Kam Chancellor is but I wouldn't be too suprised if a healthy Bigby took the starting SS spot from him.

Ah ok I see the connection having already played for Schneider was the contributing factor. Thanks for the info....

Atari Bigby, nor anybody for that matter, can make our secondary any worse. WIthout Earl Thomas it would be hands down the league's worst. He's been owning fools all camp long. He gets on you like super glue, and if you're lucky enough to haul in the pass, you're going down promptly. Atari Bigby was one of GB's favorite young players back in 2008-2009. Makes sense that John Schneider would wanna go after him again. He knocked both Deion Branch and Nate Burleson right out of the game in the snowy playoff game that season if I'm not mistaken. Our job now, is to figure out what the hell happened to him when he just fell off the face of the earth. Injuries of course attributed to his downfall, but my gut tells me it was a handful of other things. :shrug:

I want to say Coach Carroll announced that Earl Thomas was the starting SS but I could be wrong....

Pete Caroll has Earl Thomas be the FS not Strong Safety.

I don't know if he is better then Bigby but i think Chancellor should atleast be given the shot to start he showed some nice things last year when he played.

Edited by Sacks98

Ah ok didnt know that thanks for the info. I havent a clue how good this new guy is but what I have seen from Chancellor has me saying he deserves the shot at the top spot. For being so new to the NFL he could be one of the best guys out there if he stays healthy and gives it his all. Earl Thomas has him beat I couldnt believe some of the highlights I just watched today of him playing last year he was just everywhere. My favorite clip was him hitting Percy Harvin like a freight train, he had to be brought to the side lines by other Viking players....

Pete Caroll has Earl Thomas be the FS not Strong Safety.

I don't know if he is better then Bigby but i think Chancellor should atleast be given the shot to start he showed some nice things last year when he played.

Bigby is good in run support but blows ass in pass coverage.