Sign in to follow this  
Super dude

The Tim Tebow Problem

15 members have voted

1. 1. If you are GM of The Broncs what do you do about Tim Tebow?

If you are GM of The Broncs what do you do about Tim Tebow? Orton Has won the starting spot, Quinn Is in the second spot and Adam Weber, a rookie free agent from Minnesota is looking good. So given that as the old saying goes, "You got two QB's you have none." What do you do with Double T? I mean I hated him in college as I had all things UOF in college football, but no denying that the guy has talent and all though I think he is just a tad sappy, he seems like a decent honest guy who is marketable and could be a nice face to go with any franchise, but on the field there are still questions. I know Josh McD is laughing his butt off.

Just cut him.. Never before has there been so much drama surrounding a 3rd string QB... Broncos don't need this kind of attention.

Keep him on the roster and use him in certain packages this year. Get his trade value up and dump him for a second rounder or something. I'm sure some team will want him, and actually utilize his potential. the E and F parts of EXF don't want him here, so his skills are being wasted here. Don't cut him because that's a waste of money, and don't trade him yet, since no one wants that cap hit.

People see what he did in game situations, and people see how solid he is in the preseason. Someone will take him.

People see what he did in game situations, and people see how solid he is in the preseason. Someone will take him.

More importantly, people see that the Broncos dropped him to #3. His value on the market has decreased, not the opposite.

Nobody is giving the Broncos a 2nd rounder for Tebow. He's still a project... He can't read defenses, he can't make the throws... I think Denver would be lucky to get a 4th out of him.

If they use him during the regular season in packages and performs well, someone will trade for him regardless as to his position at QB. I don't think it'll be a 1st or 2nd round, probably not even a 3rd but they might as well utilize his skills and try to get something for him next off-season. Either that or put him at a different position if he's willing. He's too athletic to just let sit on the bench.

Just to add, it's been reported that some of the Broncos own FO people have said Tim Tebow is actually the 4th best QB on the team, behind Webber.

It's obvious why we dropped him to 3rd QB... Brady Quinn has been in the league longer. this is John Fox we're talking about, the same guy who vehemently defended Delhomme as a starter for the first 12 weeks of the 2009 Season, only letting Matt Moore take over when they were essentially out of the playoff hunt. I'll remind you that Delhomme was 178/321 for 2015 yards, 8 TDs and 18 INT's that year, and was coming off a 5 INT game in the playoffs the year before. Fox will always start the most experienced guy on the roster, and back him up with the next most experienced guy. It's his MO.

It's obvious why we dropped him to 3rd QB... Brady Quinn has been in the league longer. this is John Fox we're talking about, the same guy who vehemently defended Delhomme as a starter for the first 12 weeks of the 2009 Season, only letting Matt Moore take over when they were essentially out of the playoff hunt. I'll remind you that Delhomme was 178/321 for 2015 yards, 8 TDs and 18 INT's that year, and was coming off a 5 INT game in the playoffs the year before. Fox will always start the most experienced guy on the roster, and back him up with the next most experienced guy. It's his MO.

That doesn't explain why Kyle Orton's name was floated around in trade rumors, nor does it explain why they think Weber is better than Tebow. They don't want him (Tebow), and who can blame them? He is just flat out no good.

Question is if they cut or trade him next season what team is going to take a chance on him? Tim Tebow is a project, what team can afford to sit him and let him learn or try to teach him how to play TE if would be open to playing TE?

The reason Quinn jumped ahead is because he's the better QB. It really has nothing to do with who was in the league longer. There are multi-year veterans sitting behind young QBs all across the league.

Quinn spent his entire life working in a pro style offense, groomed by Charlie Weis at Notre Dame. Tim Tebow has spent exactly ONE year in a pro set (now going on year two). That's it. He played high school and college in a spread. He made a name for himself in those spread offenses by tucking the ball and running, and not by throwing it. If you want an example of another QB that spent most of his life in a spread offense before coming to the NFL, see Alex Smith.

The mission (if you want Tebow to play QB) is to rebuild him from the ground up. You start from scratch. You're not going to get any value pick for that type of project.

That doesn't explain why Kyle Orton's name was floated around in trade rumors, nor does it explain why they think Weber is better than Tebow. They don't want him (Tebow), and who can blame them? He is just flat out no good.

A rookie who had a TD:INT greater than 1, YPA of nearly 8, and a QB rating over 80 is no good? Last I checked those were better numbers than Colt McCoy, Sam Bradford, and of course Jimmy Clausen. but yeah, the guy who had the best rookie season for a QB last year is no good.

You can't cut him right now, IMO. He's making too much money. And he has zero worth right now in a trade.

I say keep him, feature him in a few packages like Sanjay said (maybe call up Josh McDaniels and have him teach John Fox the Wild Horses formation, :p) and hope he does enough to fetch a 4th or 5th rounder, IMO....

You can't cut him right now, IMO. He's making too much money. And he has zero worth right now in a trade.

I say keep him, feature him in a few packages like Sanjay said (maybe call up Josh McDaniels and have him teach John Fox the Wild Horses formation, :p) and hope he does enough to fetch a 4th or 5th rounder, IMO....

My thought when McDaniels drafted Tebow was that he was going to bring the spread to the NFL. You see bits of it across the league here and there, but it isn't run consistently. I honestly think McDaniels planned to run it on every down, and in that sense, Tebow was the right choice.

The most I've seen the spread run in the NFL was in KC with Tyler Thigpen. He was in the shotgun on damn near every play.

Edited by Anthony

A rookie who had a TD:INT greater than 1, YPA of nearly 8, and a QB rating over 80 is no good? Last I checked those were better numbers than Colt McCoy, Sam Bradford, and of course Jimmy Clausen. but yeah, the guy who had the best rookie season for a QB last year is no good.

Ya... He's NO GOOD. He's your 4th String QB. Those guys usually aren't head turners. And he starter what... two or three games? He excelled in one of them against an absolutely HORRID pass defense. Praising Tim Tebow for one mediocre game against a bad pass defense is about as stable of an argument as saying Matt Cassel is a Top 10 QB because of that weak ass schedule he played last year.

He just doesn't have the skill set to be a competent QB. And if he did, the Broncos reception of him would be a lot friendlier. It just isn't worth a coaching staffs time or effort to devout so much of their effort into one guy while they could be making the rest of that dreadful franchise better.

Ya... He's NO GOOD. He's your 4th String QB. Those guys usually aren't head turners. And he starter what... two or three games? He excelled in one of them against an absolutely HORRID pass defense. Praising Tim Tebow for one mediocre game against a bad pass defense is about as stable of an argument as saying Matt Cassel is a Top 10 QB because of that weak ass schedule he played last year.

He just doesn't have the skill set to be a competent QB. And if he did, the Broncos reception of him would be a lot friendlier. It just isn't worth a coaching staffs time or effort to devout so much of their effort into one guy while they could be making the rest of that dreadful franchise better.

Tim Tebow is very devout. :D

His mechanics suck and his wind up is slow, but that didn't stop Byron Leftwich. A guy named Philip Rivers took a couple of years to improve his mechanics and now he's one of the best QB's in the game. Someone will want Tebow, just because we don't, doesn't mean he doesn't have value. He'd start for at five teams in this league, maybe more. And he's still the 3rd string guy, who takes second team snaps about half the time.

(Redskins, Bengals, Titans, Vikings and 49ers at the least).

My thought when McDaniels drafted Tebow was that he was going to bring the spread to the NFL. You see bits of it across the league here and there, but it isn't run consistently. I honestly think McDaniels planned to run it on every down, and in that sense, Tebow was the right choice.

The most I've seen the spread run in the NFL was in KC with Tyler Thigpen. He was in the shotgun on damn near every play.

Does Tebow have any receiving abilities????

I wonder what he'd look like as an Tight End/H-Back....though I imagine his blocking would be pretty shitty at this point, IMO....

Edited by BLUE

Tim Tebow is very devout. :D

His mechanics suck and his wind up is slow, but that didn't stop Byron Leftwich. A guy named Philip Rivers took a couple of years to improve his mechanics and now he's one of the best QB's in the game. Someone will want Tebow, just because we don't, doesn't mean he doesn't have value. He'd start for at five teams in this league, maybe more. And he's still the 3rd string guy, who takes second team snaps about half the time.

(Redskins, Bengals, Titans, Vikings and 49ers at the least).

Mike Shanahan WOULD NOT start Tim Tebow... The Titans and Vikings wouldn't even bring him in, being that they both have veteran QBs and future franchise QBs learning the ropes now (both of which will be ready before Tim ever is). And I can't really see Tebow in San Fran when they are so inept and refuse to give up on Alex Smith. The last thing they need is a QB like Tebow who steers their attention elsewhere.

The Bengals are just awful, so that is a pretty good fit.

T. Tebow has very little value at all to anyone. There is no feasible solution to the Tim Tebow Era in Denver where the Broncos actually come out ahead. Just cut the losses now and move on.

Edited by Favre4Ever

Bengals will give us two first rounders or something for him. :D

Does Tebow have any receiving abilities????

I wonder what he'd look like as an Tight End/H-Back....though I imagine his blocking would be pretty shitty at this point, IMO....

Can't say I ever saw him catch anything, but TE was the position I figured people might draft him for in the late rounds.

Can't say I ever saw him catch anything, but TE was the position I figured people might draft him for in the late rounds.

Then Josh McDaniels happened.

And I can't really see Tebow in San Fran when they are so inept and refuse to give up on Alex Smith. The last thing they need is a QB like Tebow who steers their attention elsewhere.

Harbaugh was a QB himself, and he's an arrogant SOB. He would take Tebow just to prove to everyone that he can build a quarterback. He did it with Josh Johnson at little Known USD, and now he's with the Bucs. And for the past two years, he put together Andrew Luck, the top QB prospect for next year's draft. He also drafted Kaepernick out of a pistol offense this year, though he didn't take him in the first round. I can actually see him taking on Tebow as a project, but not trading for him.