Sign in to follow this  
BLUE

Update: Irsay hints Colts are willing to take Luck

Per Rotoworld.com:

Colts president Bill Polian scouted Stanford QB Andrew Luck on Saturday.

Polian saw the presumed No. 1 pick of the 2012 draft carve up Duke, completing 20-of-28 passes for 290 yards, four touchdowns and an interception. While the Colts were horrendous on Sunday, it still seems unlikely they'll be the worst team in the NFL this season. It's also unlikely they would draft and invest in a new franchise quarterback just nine months after signing Peyton Manning to a five-year, $90 million contract extension. With Luck considered the best quarterback prospect since Manning, however, such a move could by no means be ruled out if Indy indeed "earns" the No. 1 pick. Sep 12 - 2:06 PM

Source: Sports Illustrated

Edited by BLUE

if you want to scout Andrew Luck, I would suggest watching him against a real team, most FBS QBs could carve up Dook

Per Rotoworld.com:

Owner Jim Irsay indicated Monday that the Colts would be willing to take a quarterback like Stanford QB Andrew Luck in the 2012 NFL draft.

The Colts and Rams are the only two teams without a win on the season. "Guys like that come along so rarely," Irsay said, referring to Peyton Manning and Luck. "Even if that means that guy sits for three or four years, you'd certainly think about taking him ... you see what Green Bay did with [brett] Favre and [Aaron] Rodgers and you'd like to be able to do the same thing." Manning will be 36 in March and is recovering from multiple neck surgeries. Oct 11 - 8:08 AM

Source: Yahoo Sports

I'm not sure Peyton Manning has 3 or 4 years left. I think he'll be rusty next year, and even though he'll probably put up good enough numbers for CPOY, I can't see him being their starter after the 2013 season unless his health really gets better. Luck is a hell of a player, but with every player comes the risk of being a bust. Sitting behind Manning, whether it be for a single season or for three, would help out a player quite a lot and could play out well. This could be a potential high risk/high reward situation. The Colts need to do something about their QB situation, and this could, I said COULD not would, be the answer for the next decade or more.

I think this is great news for the Colts. It's exactly what they need to do if they end up getting that #1 draft pick, Peyton can't play forever and he probably doesn't have too many more years left on his clock if he has any at all. Obtain Andrew Luck (Or Landry Jones), sit him behind Peyton Manning a year or two and then get him on field. That should be the obvious goal for the Colts.

I think this is great news for the Colts. It's exactly what they need to do if they end up getting that #1 draft pick, Peyton can't play forever and he probably doesn't have too many more years left on his clock if he has any at all. Obtain Andrew Luck (Or Landry Jones), sit him behind Peyton Manning a year or two and then get him on field. That should be the obvious goal for the Colts.

Exactly. If I were the Colts, I'd want to see how he finishes out the season first. I'd want to see how he was in the NFL Combine as well as some personal workouts with Colts personnel. I'd want a meeting or two with him to discuss his aspirations as a player, what he thinks he can do for the organization, etc. I think Luck has the potential to be a great NFL quarterback, but he also could end up being a big bust or a mediocre quarterback. That's the thing about players-you never know for sure until they play. I'd like to see Luck have success in the NFL as he's a great player and a good person off of the field. Sit this kid behind Manning for a couple of years and the potential is unlimited.