Sign in to follow this  
.AirMcNair.

Derrick Morgan gets fined for this!?!

Guest MikeyDay

Whistle didnt blow so hes allowed to hit him. Defenseless? Lmao dont incourage the pussiness of the NFL guys come on

Whistle didnt blow so hes allowed to hit him. Defenseless? Lmao dont incourage the pussiness of the NFL guys come on

The whistle didn't blow yet? I was watching with no sound lol

Well shit, I don't see how it's unfair then. Joe Flacco could have easily got off the ground if no one touched him and ran down field. . .

Except... there wasn't a pileup. It was just Flacco. Again, did not deserve a fine, but it's a hit on a defenseless player in my eyes.

How does a pileup start? Do you watch football?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

How does a pileup start? Do you watch football?

No need for the insults, mate. If I wanted that, I'd've stayed on NFL.com. If you don't agree with me, fine, no need to be an asshole just because we disagree.

Pileups don't generally start with one guy laying on the football and then everyone else piling on two seconds later.

Flacco is on the ball, has it clearly recovered. If we're going to say that people can dive on top of players just because there was a fumble 5 seconds ago- despite the fact that he appears to have the ball- and we can hit him while he's lying on the ground in order to try to force the ball out, people are going to get hurt.

There's a big difference between that situation, and a situation where the ball is loose and 3 or 4 players dive at it near-simultaneously.

Again- doesn't deserve a fine, but I can see why they threw a flag.

Edited by Thanatos19
  • Downvote 1

This is completely irrelevant to this thread... But I traded for DM in my Madden Franchise mode and he rapes. lmao.

No need for the insults, mate. If I wanted that, I'd've stayed on NFL.com. If you don't agree with me, fine, no need to be an asshole just because we disagree.

Pileups don't generally start with one guy laying on the football and then everyone else piling on two seconds later.

Flacco is on the ball, has it clearly recovered. If we're going to say that people can dive on top of players just because there was a fumble 5 seconds ago- despite the fact that he appears to have the ball- and we can hit him while he's lying on the ground in order to try to force the ball out, people are going to get hurt.

There's a big difference between that situation, and a situation where the ball is loose and 3 or 4 players dive at it near-simultaneously.

Again- doesn't deserve a fine, but I can see why they threw a flag.

Watch the video. Ball and Morgan both lunged for the ball a split second after Flacco fell on it (Flacco goes down at 7 seconds and the two Titans jump in at 8 seconds). No whistle was blown and players are taught to play until a whistle from the lowest level of football. Things like this happen every week and if you claim they don't, you really do need to start watching football.

• Downvote 1

Watch the video. Ball and Morgan both lunged for the ball a split second after Flacco fell on it (Flacco goes down at 7 seconds and the two Titans jump in at 8 seconds). No whistle was blown and players are taught to play until a whistle from the lowest level of football. Things like this happen every week and if you claim they don't, you really do need to start watching football.

Fuck off. I've watched football every Sunday that it's been on for a long time.

I agreed its a ticky-tack call, I have seen far, far worse. All I'm saying is I can see why the refs thought it was a flag, Morgan runs over and jumps on Flacco after he has clearly recovered. Ball did nothing wrong. Morgan jumped at him. It doesn't deserve a fine, but I can see why they thought it was a flag.

Also- if a guy is just laying on the ground, and the refs don't blow the whistle for one reason or another, he's been down for 5-6 seconds, you're saying that you should be able to jump on him? Because the whistle hasn't been blown yet?

Edited by Thanatos19
  • Downvote 1

lol Chill out. That's actually an extremely calm post by Zack in comparison to a lot of his others.

• Upvote 1

Fuck off. I've watched football every Sunday that it's been on for a long time.

I agreed its a ticky-tack call, I have seen far, far worse. All I'm saying is I can see why the refs thought it was a flag, Morgan runs over and jumps on Flacco after he has clearly recovered. Ball did nothing wrong. Morgan jumped at him. It doesn't deserve a fine, but I can see why they thought it was a flag.

Also- if a guy is just laying on the ground, and the refs don't blow the whistle for one reason or another, he's been down for 5-6 seconds, you're saying that you should be able to jump on him? Because the whistle hasn't been blown yet?

Yes, because the play hasn't been blown dead. If the play isn't dead, then you're free to pounce on him to make sure he doesn't get up.

• Upvote 1