Sign in to follow this  
sweetness34

Well fuck

So today I got my long anticipated letter from the college of nursing about my upper division enrollment. My advisor told me with the 3.3 that I have I should have no problem getting placement, well she lied. I didn't even get in and I'm fucking pissed.

This isn't the first time these sons of bitches lied to me, when I first came here they told me I would have priority placement so that I could stay here in Bozeman so I could play football. Well this year they decided to take that away and tell me they got rid of that program.

So in other words, my future plans for life just vanished. And I don't even know what to do, nursing was my only plan for life. Now what? I can't just change majors without appealing to the NCAA, the make us declare our majors after our second year. So I'm declared as a major I can't be a part of.

I'm honestly about to say fuck it I'm going to be a photography major.

If anyone has any advice it would be much appreciated because right now I'm stuck in the fucking twilight zone.

FUCK YOU MSU NURSING DEPARTMENT.

/rant

Sorry to here this, brother. First I would go to the nursing department and explain the situation. I think they will understand and will be able to give you advice on what to do next. Next, I would go to your advisor and give them a piece of my mind. Not anything that will get you in trouble, but let them know they were wrong. I don't know how much good that would do, but I would still do it, mostly just to get some of my anger out. Definitely tal to the nursing department about it, and if try say they can't do anything, talk to someone higher up. There's got to be some way for you to fix it, and the people higher up will know how.

They probably didn't lie to you, most of those people are just incompetent, that's why they're working as advising staff, because they couldn't do anything worth while. So just let them know what they are, incompetent and useless. Maybe you can cry lawsuit and force them to work on a settlement, because if you met the conditions they stated and that failed you, they're in the wrong, 1000 Freaking Percent.

I would just go in and talk to your adviser as calmly as possible and see what they suggest for how to proceed. I know you're pissed, and understandably so, but if you just run in bitching about how they lied to you and they need to fix the problem it will get you nowhere. This thread will be good for you, vent as much as you can here and find a friend if that's not enough, but do what you need to be able to talk to your adviser calmly and make sure you're asking what you can do at this point rather than telling them what they need to do to fix the problem. I'm sure that's a very competitive program so your adviser can easily fall to the defense of saying the applicant pool must have been better than expected and probably will if you go in looking for a confrontation. People are much more willing to work with you if you're willing to work with them.

I'm not telling you that you shouldn't be angry or that you shouldn't tell your adviser that you're angry, you just need to make sure you show that you're willing to do whatever you need to do.

Unless of course you're ready to say fuck you and hope you never see anyone in the department again, in which case listen to Razor.

i never understood america's educational system, and when i hear about stuff like this, i really hate it.

but i'd go with talking to your adviser and see what she has to say. sorry to hear broseph.

Before I say anything, I'm sorry to hear this..

..but it happens all the time. Not saying that it makes it right, but you probably aren't the only one in this boat. I read somewhere that well over half of students who go into college with a desired goal, come out with something completely different. And I doubt that many of them really had control over it.

Since others have stated the obvious about talking with your adviser about where to go from here (which is exactly right), I'll try to offer something different. Use this situation as motivation to move forward. Honestly, it could be a blessing in disguise. You could find yourself coming out of college with the biggest smile on your face and the satisfaction that even through all the bumps in the road, you've done it. You never know, you could end up finding a new interest instead of nursing.. and this just saved you from wasting your time.

I really appreciate all of the great advice guys, Thursday I'm meeting with a different advisor to outline all of my options (she is just an advisor to the college rather than the nursing dept) and then I'll be meeting with my Academic Athletic Advisor, then finally I'll meet with my Nursing dept Advisor.

This wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't for Football and the NCAA's nazi regime, I had to declare after last year so I'll have to file for a major change and have to work some magic to stay eligible.

I really appreciate all of the great advice guys, Thursday I'm meeting with a different advisor to outline all of my options (she is just an advisor to the college rather than the nursing dept) and then I'll be meeting with my Academic Athletic Advisor, then finally I'll meet with my Nursing dept Advisor.

This wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't for Football and the NCAA's nazi regime, I had to declare after last year so I'll have to file for a major change and have to work some magic to stay eligible.

best of luck, and I imagine in talking with the academic athletic adviser you'll find out you wouldn't be the first football player to change majors and I'm sure they can help you with that process

After those pictures you posted a few weeks back, I think photography might be a great route for you.

• Upvote 1

The NCAA really cares if you change majors? I thought they'd just appreciate the athletes who are trying to get a degree.