Sign in to follow this  
Thanatos

I need some help

Okay, so here's my scenario. In week 7 I am going to lose Brady, Shady McCoy, and Hakeem Nicks to byes.

On my bench for replacement I have Jahvid Best, Eric Decker, and Tim Tebow. (And Victor Cruz, but he also has a bye in week 7.)

Best is a solid start, he can replace McCoy.

Decker is... not so much, especially with Tebow at QB.

And Tebow himself is... a huge question mark. If I lose, it probably isn't that big of a deal, seeing as I'm sitting at 5-0 right now, but I'd rather try to do everything I can to win it.

The QBs available in my league are, (that don't have a bye in week 7, otherwise I'd take Alex Smith from SF), Jason Campbell, who plays the Chiefs in week 7, Jay Cutler, who plays at Tampa Bay, T-Jack, who is hurt and questionable, and plays Cleveland, Matt Cassel, who plays Oakland, Colt McCoy, who plays the Seahawks, and Rex Grossman who plays at Carolina.

I was thinking to roll the dice on Cassel, or possibly just letting Tebow take the start and hope, (he has a pretty favorable matchup against the Dolphins).

WRs I have a lot of options. Doug Baldwin, Early Doucet, Brandon Marshall, Denarius Moore, David Nelson, James Jones, and Devery Henderson are all available for pick-up.

If Andre gets back, this section is moot, because I'd play him injured over any of these guys.

Here I was thinking either Baldwin, Moore, or Jones.

Any advice?

Edited by Thanatos19

For QB: I'd just start Tebow.

For WR: I'd pick up Baldwin, or see if James Jones does anything this week and pick him up. Moore hasn't done anything recently to warrant a pick up.

For QB: I'd just start Tebow.

For WR: I'd pick up Baldwin, or see if James Jones does anything this week and pick him up. Moore hasn't done anything recently to warrant a pick up.

Not sure I trust your advice, since I'm playing you. :p

But this was pretty much my thinking, anyway.

Not sure I trust your advice, since I'm playing you. :p

But this was pretty much my thinking, anyway.

Oh, this is for your team in Chaos's league? Yeah, it doesn't really matter what you do. My team isn't really a threat to anyone.

Oh, this is for your team in Chaos's league? Yeah, it doesn't really matter what you do. My team isn't really a threat to anyone.

Yeah, I dislike having four keepers, it screws up the parity.

If he doesn't come back, I'm going to send around an email and see who else wants to cut it down to 2 or even just 1 keeper. I figure since I have one of the better teams, maybe my asking for it to happen will sway the couple of people I know won't like it.

Edited by Thanatos19

Yeah, I dislike having four keepers, it screws up the parity.

If he doesn't come back, I'm going to send around an email and see who else wants to cut it down to 2 or even just 1 keeper. I figure since I have one of the better teams, maybe my asking for it to happen will sway the couple of people I know won't like it.

I actually don't mind the four keepers. If anything, the bench needs to be expanded.

For QB: Based on how Alex Smith played last week and if Brees lights up the Bucs this week, Cutler could be a potential start.

For WR: Baldwin or James Jones

I actually don't mind the four keepers. If anything, the bench needs to be expanded.

I have Tom Brady, LeSean McCoy, MJD, and Andre Johnson as keepers, with Jimmy Graham possibly taking one of their spots.

That's just loaded in a ten-team league, IMO. Basically I only have to get one guy in the draft and I'm set, and I can keep them forever with no consequences or loss of draft picks. I have a friend of mine who plays in a two-keeper league, but you can't put a keeper on someone you drafted prior to the 3rd round. In addition, every year you hang onto that person you forfeit a draft pick that gets closer and closer to the top. If one of your keepers was a 5th-rounder last year, then if you keep him for a year, you forfeit a 3rd-rounder. If you keep him again, you forfeit a first-rounder, and after that you can't keep him for a third year.

I think what I really dislike about it is I have almost zero incentive to make a trade with anyone. Generally a well-drafted fantasy football team is going to have a strong point and a weak point. And you try to cover the weak point by trading someone at whose position you have good depth.

I agree about the bench, though, we should have at least six slots, if not eight.

Edited by Thanatos19

It seems like everyone is forgetting that Brandon Marshall is a beast. I'd pick him up just to have him around. I know he doesn't really have a QB, but I'd still keep him around. He's gonna ball out eventually.

As for QB, Cassel or Tebow are your two best bets I'd say. Tebow could get you a rushing TD or two. Cassel has actually been playing very well for the last couple of weeks. He's also going to get Jonathan Baldwin for the Oakland game.

Its really a roll of the dice with either one, but out of the names you mentioned those are your best two options IMO.

It seems like everyone is forgetting that Brandon Marshall is a beast. I'd pick him up just to have him around. I know he doesn't really have a QB, but I'd still keep him around. He's gonna ball out eventually.

As for QB, Cassel or Tebow are your two best bets I'd say. Tebow could get you a rushing TD or two. Cassel has actually been playing very well for the last couple of weeks. He's also going to get Jonathan Baldwin for the Oakland game.

Its really a roll of the dice with either one, but out of the names you mentioned those are your best two options IMO.

We don't have enough bench space for me to justify picking up Marshall just to have him sitting there.

As I mentioned, for WR I currently have Steve Smith, Andre Johnson, Hakeem Nicks, Eric Decker and Victor Cruz.

I'm probably already going to have to drop Decker and/or Cruz to pick up people to play week 7 for byes, I can't have Marshall taking up a bench spot when I highly doubt I'd ever start him over my big 3 guys.

But yeah, those were my two. Cassel seems to be doing better, unfortunately, the Chiefs are on a bye, so I don't know if it was just a fluke. Same problem with Tebow.

Edit: Besides the fact that Marshall already is owned, lol.

Edited by Thanatos19