Sign in to follow this  
BLUE

Update: Redskins place TE Cooley on injured reserve

Per Rotoworld.com:

Chris Cooley (finger, knee) said Friday that he'll definitely miss three weeks, but hopes to return later this season.

It will depend on whether the Redskins hold a roster spot for him, which to this point appears somewhat likely. Cooley still has a Sunday visit scheduled with Dr. James Andrews to determine whether he needs more surgery on his bum knee. Oct 21 - 1:25 PM

Source: Rich Campbell on Twitter

Edited by BLUE

I hate to say it, but Cooley has become quite injury-prone the last few years. Not looking good for him to remain in the Burgundy and Gold with the emergence of Fred Davis.

Per Rotoworld.com:

Redskins placed TE Chris Cooley (finger surgery) on injured reserve, ending his season.

Cooley was expected to miss another month after surgery to repair a shattered index finger, and he's also been battling ongoing knee soreness. It will interesting to see if the Redskins turn the page this offseason. Clearly on the decline, he's due $3.8 million entering his age-30 season, and impending free agent Fred Davis is playing as well or better than Cooley ever has. Davis is now locked in as an every-week fantasy starter. Oct 25 - 5:03 PM

Fuck. Really didn't see that coming, not that I should be shocked seeing how the Redskins have been dropping like flies.

Per Rotoworld.com:

Redskins officials tell Profootballtalk.com that Chris Cooley was placed on injured reserve due to his knee, not his finger.

It was determined that Cooley would not need additional surgery after a recent consultation with Dr. James Andrews, but the noted surgeon may have prescribed rest. Cooley has battled swelling in the surgically repaired knee since the opening of training camp in late July. The Redskins' all-time leader in catches by a tight end may be playing elsewhere next season. Oct 25 - 5:42 PM

Source: Profootballtalk on NBCSports.com

Some ass clown in one of my money leagues dropped Fred Davis for the bye week and I picked him up :yep:

With the emergence of Fred Davis, I wouldn't be too upset about losing an injury-ridden Cooley.

Ah, here we go:

Citing team sources, Chris Russell of ESPN 980 Washington reports that Chris Cooley (injured reserve, knee/finger) has "most likely" played his last game as a Redskin.

Cooley is due $3.8 million next season, turns 30 in July, and will have missed 20 games to injury in the last three years. With emerging stud Fred Davis in a contract season, there won't be room for two high-priced tight ends. Cooley's knee woes also appear chronic, making it doubtful he ever returns to the form he showed while becoming the Redskins' all-time leader in catches by a tight end.

I was just discussing that with my brother today. Cooley is just like Portis, one hell of weapon for a long time, but ends up being injury-prone and out of a job. Portis was injured most of his last three seasons in DC, now he is out of the league. I see something similar with Cooley.