Sign in to follow this  
WindyCitySports

Is F4E ready to give Jay credit?

Michael Vick, Matt Ryan, Philip Rivers, Tony Romo and even Tom Brady? They're all good quarterbacks, but none of their teams can claim a better record than Jay Cutler's Bears. Cutler guided his team to 13 unanswered points to close out a 30-24 win against the Eagles on Monday. Cutler may be a guy some fans love to hate, but is it time to give him his due?

"The Bears are evolving into a ball-control team with the ability to take shots down field. It's taken a couple of years, but maybe this is exactly what Lovie had in mind when the Bears traded for Cutler." -- SN commenter Dragonbear1976

"The line earned their paychecks tonight. Cutler needs to treat them all to steak dinners tomorrow. Them boys played their tails of tonight. I've never seen Cutler look so cool and collected in the pocket. A+ to the OL." -- SN commenter BJett20884

Has Jay Cutler answered critics? Who can forget this image of Cutler in the NFC title game -- or the tweets from some of his NFL peers that followed his exit with an injury. Was it ever fair to question his toughness? What kind of quarterback is Cutler? Did you know Jay Cutler has as many career game-winning drives as Philip Rivers? More career passing touchdowns than Michael Vick? A better career passer rating than Eli Manning? Did Cutler take swipe at his line? "It starts up front. If my feet are clean, and I've got a good pocket and I can see what's happening downfield … I'm probably going to have a good day." -- Jay Cutler, who entered Monday's game among the NFL's most-sacked quarterbacks.

Source: ESPN

I am not being a homer. I am not one to defend Bears QB's because they are on my team. I was very critical of Grossman, Quinn, Miller, etc. I think Cutler is very different, though. He is in a tough position and even though he whines a lot, he does a good job of handling the situation on the field. He is improving a lot, as well.

Cutler is useless. The Bears win the same way the Ravens do. Solid defense and an elite RB.

They're only winning because Mike Martz figured out how to use the offense he was given instead of trying to force it into something else. And that helps Cutler immensely. He seems to be improving, I'll give you that.

Cutler is simply a possession QB. Cutler is just another Joe Flacco.

Cutler is a great player for what he has. Cutler has no offensive line to speak of and has a very weak recieving core. Cutler does very well with what he has, especially with Forte. It sure is sad when your RB is also your best WR. The Bears have a great defense but that shouldn't take away from what Cutler does. An atrocious offensive line and terrible recieving cast usually would make a QB look awful but Cutler manages to be a decent QB with them. I really do wonder how Cutler would do behind a decent line with a decent receiving crew..

I'm gonna guess no.

Guest Phailadelphia

Cutler is useless. The Bears win the same way the Ravens do. Solid defense and an elite RB.

They're only winning because Mike Martz figured out how to use the offense he was given instead of trying to force it into something else. And that helps Cutler immensely. He seems to be improving, I'll give you that.

Cutler is simply a possession QB. Cutler is just another Joe Flacco.

No. Just...no.

Why would I give Jay Cutler credit for Matt Forte's accomplishments?

• Upvote 1

No. Just...no.

Why is that wrong?

Why would I give Jay Cutler credit for Matt Forte's accomplishments?

I'm not talking about Forte. Cutler played great on MNF. His ability to improvise is greatly improved from last year and he is starting to really connect with his receivers and Forte. Come on, man!

He's a decent quarterback but I don't see the Bears winning a Super Bowl without a better QB and a stronger receiving corp.