Sign in to follow this  
AllYouNeedIsLovie

DeSean Jackson in debt to Drew Rosenhaus

According to Howard Eskin of WIP, Philadelphia Eagles wide receiver DeSean Jackson is in deep financial trouble, racking up a six-figure debt to the man attempting to secure Jackson's next contract, player agent Drew Rosenhaus. "From what I’m told, [Jackson] owes Drew Rosenhaus a lot of money," Eskin told Mike Florio of PFT Live on Monday. "We’re talking hundreds of thousands of dollars. Is he broke? I don’t know how you define broke, but I know when he signs his new deal he will owe Drew Rosenhaus a lot of money." The 18th pick in the second round of the 2008 NFL Draft out of Cal, Jackson signed a four-year contract worth $3.469 million, including a $1.353 million signing bonus and originally had a base salary of $555,000 for 2011. According to Eskin, Jackson is getting by on a credit card provided by Rosenhaus, who last night allegedly griped to Eagles running back LeSean McCoy, who recently fired and re-hired Rosenhaus, about Jackson at a Dave & Buster's in the Philadelphia area.<br style="font-family: arial, helvetica, verdana, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; text-align: -webkit-left; "><br style="font-family: arial, helvetica, verdana, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; text-align: -webkit-left; ">Source: Mac's Football Blog

lawlDeSeanJacksonfail

how the fuck do you manage that...

I guess no one told him that people with entitlement issues often live their lives broke. How the hell do you go through over 4 mil in 3 years? Talk about bad financial decisions. People like him deserve to be broke.

Not to be racist or anything, but black people don't really have a damn clue how to manage their money. :shifty:

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

I understand that a luxurious lifestyle comes along with being a pro athlete (depending on your sport), but you should be able to get by with four million dollars for three years. If you aren't able to keep yourself from spending ridiculous amounts of money on unimportant things then you should hire a financial consultant. The consultant will cost a lot less than the other things you spend your money on and they can help teach you how to better manage your money. There's nothing wrong with getting a nice house and a nice car but issues start to form when you can't afford the taxes and payments on them as well as all the other luxuries, such as food/alcohol, jewelry, cars, and other things. To all athletes: Learn how to use your money in a smart manner and you just might be able to retire and not ever need to work another day.

There are many sociological reasons why most black people don't know how to spend money...