badgers

Week 11 Power Rankings

1. :Packers: - Is this any surprise? This is starting to look more and more like a 16-0 team, the defense looked great Monday night.

2. :49ers: - They continue to impress week after week. If Alex Smith continues to limit his mistakes, this will be a tough team to beat. Or rather, a tough defense to beat.

3. :Steelers: - While I still may be a little weary about these guys, they are getting it done out on the football field.

4. :Texans: - Arian Foster continues to carry this football team. I don't think losing Schaubb will be as big of a loss as people are making it so long as Leinart can keep from turning the football over.

5. :Patriots: - The New England Patriots ARE Tom Brady. Impressive win over the Jets.

6. :Giants: - They really put up a fight against the 49ers, in the end it just wasn't meant to be. Maybe there IS something to this Giants team after all? I believe his name is Eli Manning.

7. :Bears: - I can't help but leap frog the Bears way up the list. As I said before, the Bears go as the offensive line goes. And right now they are blocking great, making them one of the best teams in the league. Despite their age, the defense still remains one of the best.

8. :Saints: - Oh when the Saints come marching in. . . The Saints could have given up a huge win to the Falcons, but managed to pull one out in over-time thanks to what people are calling a Mike Smith blunder. Saints and Falcons are head to head.

9. :Falcons: - They continue to impress me. Had Mike Smiths 4th down attempt been successful, he would have been called a genious. However there is a fine line between a genious and a fool in the NFL. That was foolish Coach Smith.

10. :Lions: - They've lost 3 out of their last 4. Something isn't clicking with the Lions. That something may be Matt Stafford.

11. :Bills: - Is the mid-season collapse upon us?

12. :Ravens: - A loss to Seattle? Letting Flacco throw the ball 52 times? Something is seriously wrong. Give Ray Rice the ball!

13. :Bengals: - They have yet to step up and defeat a division rival.

14. :Raiders: - The Raiders continue to ram the football down opposing teams throats and it seems to be working.

15. :Jets: - They were hot heading into this past week, but the Patriots had something to prove and boy did they ever!

16. :Cowboys: - How 'bout them COWBOYSSS!!!? Well, how about them? DeMarco Murray looks like he could be a hall-of-famer later on in his career already, and Tony Romo had as many touchdowns as he did incompletions.

17. :Titans: - Chris Johnson may be back. Who knows at this point.

18. :Cardinals: - Looking at the Cardinals losses, they have lost to some pretty solid teams. I'm going to give these guys a break after Skelton threw all over the Eagles secondary.

19. :Eagles: - McCoy is the only constant every week. This team proves that money can't win you championships. Think again Philidalphia!

20. :Chargers: Philip Rivers continues to blow it for the Chargers. What a shame. This guy has been listed among the elite for years now.

21. :Bucs: - When does this team take the step from being young and inexperienced to solid and living up to their expectations?

22. :Seahawks: - They continue to lose to bad teams, and upset good ones. Hmm.

23. :Broncos: - Tim Tebow IS Denver.

24. :Chiefs: - Their latest few wins were the equivelant of an NFL Play action fake. The Chiefs aren't winners, not this year

25. :panthers: People call the Broncos the Tebows. Well, what about the Panthers. This is a team that Cam Newton does it all for. He leads the team in rushing and passing I believe.

26. :Vikings: - Christian Ponder continues to give Minnesota hope while I "ponder" if the Vikings will even be in Minnesota much longer.

27. :Browns: - Well, they are the Browns. No Peyton Hillis, no Cleveland Browns.

28. :Rams: - 3 weeks later we continue to talk about the win over the Saints, this tells me that there is NOTHING to talk about when the Rams are on the clock.

29. :jags: - Despite the bad circumstances in Jacksonville, you had to have expected more from Gabbert. He looks like a huge bust. You missed on a draft pick again Jaguars!

30. :Redskins: - Rex Grossman wasn't the answer, and neither is John Beck. This team is right back where they left off last season.

31. :dolphins: - Two wins should eliminate the Dolphins from the Andrew Luck sweepstakes.

32. :Colts: - News that Peyton Manning may play this year will help them sell a few more tickets, but they still won't win. Peyton hasn't played in a year, and he will be rusty, even he is not immune to time off.

Okay great, just waiting on Bware to finish his, and Eefluxx is a regular contributor so I'll give both those guys til tonight to submit their rankings and then post it.

Thanks for waiting :biggrin:

1. :Packers: (9-0) - It's gonna be hard to dethrown the current champs. Hitting on all cylinders at the moment.

2. :49ers: (8-1) - I'm being redundant with this but a completely solid team all around.

3. :Steelers: (7-3) - With no more Ravens to hinder them the only thing keeping them from the division is the Bengals. They already completed half of that part.

4. :Texans: (7-3) - I'm willing to give Matt Leinart the benefit of the doubt for now. But if teams figure out how to stop Foster and Tate he could cost them the division.

5. :Giants: (6-3) - Lost a close one to the 49'ers. Still the NFCE is the Giants to lose.

6. :Bears: (6-3) - Playing some of the best football out of anyone. When Cutler can stay upright he can do some damage.

7. :Ravens: (6-3) - Win a big game, lose to a lesser team. Not the formula to win the AFCN.

8. :Bengals: (6-3) - The next test after a solid showing against the Steelers is the Ravens. Many forget that every few years Marvin Lewis fields a surprise winner.

9. :Saints: (7-3) - Won despite the defense falling apart at the end of regulation. Hopefully can get completely healthy during their bye week before their big Monday night matchup against the Giants.

10. :Patriots: (6-3) - If Brady is playing then the Patriots always have a chance.

11. :Lions: (6-3) - Got trashed by the Bears. Stafford made many mistakes and looks like someone who has never played the second half of a season. Oh wait.

12. :Raiders: (5-4) - This will be a team to be reckoned with once they are healthy.

13. :Cowboys: (5-4) - As up and down as you can get. Where did that blowout performance come from?

14. :Bills: (5-4) - Still a good team and is going to need some help to make the playoffs.

15. :Falcons: (5-4) - Say what you want. Thier defense had kept the Saints offense in check the last few drives. You should have punted the ball.

16. :Jets: (5-4) - Never got off the runway against the Pats.

17. :Titans: (5-4) - If Chris Johnson can keep it going they have an outside chance at the AFCS with Shaub out in Houston.

18. :Broncos: (4-5) - How did this happen? Tebow just knows how to win.

19. :Chiefs: (4-5) - From someone who has watched Tyler Palko play when he was with the Saints, I don't think the lefty is going to be answer.

20. :Bucs: (4-5) - Have entered self destruct mode. Having said that watch them explode against the Packers.

21. :Chargers: (4-5) - Have lost 4 in a row. HC Norv Turner knows how to completly demolish a team after a few years. If he isn't on the hot seat he needs to be.

22. :Seahawks: (3-6) - I knew you would beat the Ravens. I just don't know how you did it. You tend to do this from time to time.

23. :Cardinals: (3-6) - John Skelton. Really? Does this mean that Kevin Kolb is back on the trading block? Again?

24. :Eagles: (3-6) - Do you think the Walrus is done? I do which means he will probably be there for another 13 years.

25. :panthers: (2-7) - About what we expected from the Panthers this year. Would be better if half the defense wasn't on IR.

26. :dolphins: (2-7) - No Luck for you. But just maybe you can sneak a Barkley or Landry in there.

27. :jags: (3-6) - Eh. You beat a winless team.

28. :Vikings: (2-7) - Ponders growing pains. Can he get better?

29. :Rams: (2-7) - Need another year to simmer.

30. :Browns: (3-6) - Need another decade to simmer. A missed chip shot FG to cost you the game means this just isn't your decade.

31. :Redskins: (3-6) - Lost 5 in a row. What did you expect with Beck and Grossman has your QB's?

32. :Colts: (0-10) - For all of us who have hated the Colts for the last decade, enjoy it while you can.

16. :Chargers: - The antithesis of consistency, this team is as two-faced as Dr. Jekyll. It's like waiting for that guy to capitalize with the girl he likes but he creams his pants and embarrasses himself.

17. :Bills: - They're imploding as we speak due to a poor defense. The magic the offense once held is gone, as well, but they have played the Ryan brothers two weeks in a row. There's reason to believe they might rebound.

18. :Bucs: - This team just isn't that good right now. They spend half of their time not performing whatsoever on offense and Josh Freeman had too good of a second season to top. I expect him to play better next year, but the Bucs might be looking at a 7-9 campaign.

19. :Chiefs: - Cassel gone, y'all. Chiefs done, y'all.

20. :Titans: - Sweet Jesus, Chris Johnson finally scored me some fantasy points!

21. :Broncos: - Tim Tebow wins games, but his fans are flat out embarrassing his beliefs right now. The "Jesus" jerseys are stupid and, according to the Christian religion, sinful. Don't believe me? Check the first Commandment. I'll be surprised if he doesn't speak out and ask his fans to stop making the comparison.

22. :Eagles: - Seeing the Eagles fail is almost as much fun as watching Miami get all the to the NBA Finals and then losing. It's Christmas a month early, folks. You can't buy championships in team sports. Not gonna happen.

23. :Seahawks: - I understand that this may be a little high, but Seattle is competing with Tarvaris Jackson at quarterback. Read that a second time. Let it hit you.

24. :Cardinals: - These birds have enough talent to win games against good teams here and there, but they just don't put it together on a weekly basis, for some reason.

25. :Rams: - Spags wins games with this crew, and each win is remarkable considering the long list of no-names on both sides of the ball.

26. :jags: - They're the "meh" team of the NFL. Not terrible on defense, but that offense wouldn't scare a Pop Warner defense.

27. :Vikings: - Ponder is clearly the QB of the future. The only part of the future in doubt in Minnesota rests within the location of the team itself.

28. :panthers: - Playoff contenders next year if they keep the offensive nucleus together and can improve the defense.

29. :dolphins: - Two game winning streak? Yeah, folks. Matt Moore is better than Chad Henne.

30. :Browns: - Why don't they all just come down with strep throat and forfeit their next game? We know they're going to lose, anyway. Hard to believe they were 2-1 after week 3.

31. :Redskins: - Ain't no receiver on this roster that's going to break down in tears and say, "That's my quarterback" out of respect and the need to defend their QB. They'd break down because of how bad Rex and Beck are.

32. :Colts: - The Colts fans may be thinking "Luck" at the moment, but they spend every minute of every Colts game uttering another four letter word that happens to rhyme with luck.

Edited by BwareDWare94

Thanks guys, I'll get these up this afternoon.

Not really. Punting would have just made the field goal a little harder. You have to go for it with only one yard left, the idea wasn't incorrect, it was just a bad play call for the situation. Why would you ever run it into a wall when you need one yard, I'll never understand.

It was more of a tongue-in-cheek comment.

The "boneheaded decision" was running the ball when everyone in the stadium knew you were running it, not going for it. I think that was a very arguable decision, especially when your defense just stopped them.

They're at the 30. If they get a 40-yard net on the punt, the Saints need to drive at least 35 yards to have a decent shot at a long FG, (and keep in mind Kasay has missed a few from 40+ this year). If you put that against two things- 1) Falcons don't win the game with a conversion, they'd still need a good 35-40 yards themselves, and 2) If you don't convert, you lose the game, period- I think it was the wrong call. Punt the ball and let your defense handle it.

Guest Phailadelphia

The Falcons at 9? Get the fuck out.

So was Trent Dilfer.

Are you being asinine enough to compare this 9ers defense to that of the 2000 Ravens? Get the fuck out.

The Falcons at 9? Get the fuck out.

That's why we have lots of people doing these, Phail. Besides, if they had won that game, I'd have them in my top-10, and they came damn close. It's not completely ridiculous.

Are you being asinine enough to compare this 9ers defense to that of the 2000 Ravens? Get the fuck out.

Yeah, I'm comparing them. And I don't think it's all that asinine. The Niners still haven't allowed a rushing TD. They have a great defense. As good as the Ravens defense back in '00? No. But is it good enough to let them make a deep playoff run and potentially upset Green Bay with a QB like Alex Smith- which was my entire point in making the comparison? Hell yes.

Edited by Thanatos19

Guest Phailadelphia

That's why we have lots of people doing these, Phail. Besides, if they had won that game, I'd have them in my top-10, and they came damn close. It's not completely ridiculous.

Yeah, I'm comparing them. And I don't think it's all that asinine. The Niners still haven't allowed a rushing TD. They have a great defense. As good as the Ravens defense back in '00? No. But is it good enough to let them make a deep playoff run and potentially upset Green Bay with a QB like Alex Smith- which was my entire point in making the comparison? Hell yes.

We can play ifs, ands, or buts all day but fact of the matter is they lost to the Saints at home. They have what, a 5-4 record now and he's ranking them ahead of 6-3 teams? lolno.

We can play ifs, ands, or buts all day but fact of the matter is they lost to the Saints at home. They have what, a 5-4 record now and he's ranking them ahead of 6-3 teams? lolno.

You yourself have the Browns, a 3-6 team, below the Panthers and Vikes, two 2-7 teams, and the Eagles, a 3-6 team, ahead of the 4-5 Broncos.

Record is not a good basis on which to *solely* rank teams.

For the record, I agree with you, the Dirty Birds are not a top-10 team to me. But this is an opinion thread, and that's why we have 10 or so people doing this. It will average out.

Edited by Thanatos19