Sign in to follow this  
DonovanMcnabb for H.O.F

TGP's NBA top 100?

Why not Blake Griffen? Shooting aside, what area of Kevin Love's game is that much better then Griffen's that you can't make an argument for him against Love? The way I see it, Kevin Love and Griffen are in the same category, and neither have done anything to truly be better then the other.

I would easily take Aldridge over Love.

I would also take Gasol, and STATS, I would even consider Randolph ahead.

And would it not be for age and the dropoff in scoring, Garnett would have an argument as well.

:rofl:

Oh my fucking God. Kevin Love is a model of consistency. 53 straight double doubles, DMAC. Get real, man. Also, Love is a better rebounder than Griffin. The only thing Griffin has on Love is the fact that he can jump out of the gym. Hooray.

Also, Love had a 30-20 game last night. Pay the fuck attention. You're making a fool of yourself.

Who is STATS again? I cannot recall.

I think a lot of people look at Love's FG % which isn't that good for a big and they rank guys ahead of him but personally I just like his overall game and like BWare said he is incredibly consistent. Love is a very good as a passer. His outlet passes are awesome. He can play defense. I think Love is a threat in all aspects of the game.

:rofl:

Oh my fucking God. Kevin Love is a model of consistency. 53 straight double doubles, DMAC. Get real, man. Also, Love is a better rebounder than Griffin. The only thing Griffin has on Love is the fact that he can jump out of the gym. Hooray.

Also, Love had a 30-20 game last night. Pay the fuck attention. You're making a fool of yourself.

Who is STATS again? I cannot recall.

Amare Stoudemire.

I like Aldridge and Zach Randolph at the PF position too.

I don't like to talk about STATS too much in this category because while he is an explosive player, all he gives you is points. For such an athletic dude, he's not blocking shots and killing the boards. He's nothing but offense, great offense but not much more.

You guys can't be serious... The guy grabs a lot of rebounds and can hit jumpers and dunks and that makes him the best PF? Have you guys seen other PF play?

Pau Gasol, Randolph and especially Aldrige are elite defenders at PF, Love isn't anywhere near CLOSE, nor is he more complete then them, debate it all you want but when you watch them play, you'l see it easily unless you have a bias view.

LA and Pau are better defenders then Love, they can handle the ball a lot better then Love, they are better at setting up there teammates then Love, they can play in the post better then Love both defensively and offensively. It's no mere coincidence that Love averaged almost 1.5 more TO then Aldrige. Aldrige last year made everyone around him better, he elevated there level, Roy was the only other player there worth anything and he was out almost always, how often do you see Love elevate his teammate's level?

Based off of last year, LA, Pau, Randolph, Stoudemire were all easily better in the paint with the basketball in there hands then Love. It isn't even close, if you ask those guys to set themselves up in the paint and score consistently, they would excel, you ask Love to do it, and he may not struggle, but he is not as good as any of them... Love does not excel at setting himself up or scoring in the post. Whereas elite PFs do, and all of them outside of the three point can hit the jumpers that Love hit.

The way I see it, it's Pau, LA and Stoudemire as the elites, Love is in the second group. Unless if all you want from your Power forward to do is grab rebounds and constantly have your other players feed him the ball when he's already in a position to score.

You guys can't be serious... The guy grabs a lot of rebounds and can hit jumpers and dunks and that makes him the best PF? Have you guys seen other PF play?

Pau Gasol, Randolph and especially Aldrige are elite defenders at PF, Love isn't anywhere near CLOSE, nor is he more complete then them, debate it all you want but when you watch them play, you'l see it easily unless you have a bias view.

LA and Pau are better defenders then Love, they can handle the ball a lot better then Love, they are better at setting up there teammates then Love, they can play in the post better then Love both defensively and offensively. It's no mere coincidence that Love averaged almost 1.5 more TO then Aldrige. Aldrige last year made everyone around him better, he elevated there level, Roy was the only other player there worth anything and he was out almost always, how often do you see Love elevate his teammate's level?

Based off of last year, LA, Pau, Randolph, Stoudemire were all easily better in the paint with the basketball in there hands then Love. It isn't even close, if you ask those guys to set themselves up in the paint and score consistently, they would excel, you ask Love to do it, and he may not struggle, but he is not as good as any of them... Love does not excel at setting himself up or scoring in the post. Whereas elite PFs do, and all of them outside of the three point can hit the jumpers that Love hit.

The way I see it, it's Pau, LA and Stoudemire as the elites, Love is in the second group. Unless if all you want from your Power forward to do is grab rebounds and constantly have your other players feed him the ball when he's already in a position to score.

Consistent twenty point, twelve to fifteen rebound games combined with more than a few twenty-twenty games and every now and then a 30-20 (and even one 30-30 game), and you don't want to call him elite? Give me a fucking break, man. It doesn't matter how you get done when you just get it done every damn game.

Edited by BwareDWare94

Consistent twenty point, twelve to fifteen rebound games combined with more than a few twenty-twenty games and every now and then a 30-20 (and even one 30-30 game), and you don't want to call him elite? Give me a fucking break, man. It doesn't matter how you get done when you just get it done every damn game.

I don't consider him elite because you can't consider someone elite if his game is not complete. If there are obvious holes in his game.

If you believe that he's an elite PF jut because he can score jumpers and dunks and grabs a lot of rebounds.. By all means.

But I consider an elite forawrd to be someone who has shown he can be dominant in all facets of the game. That he is just as effective underneath the rim playing defense as he is grabbing boards. That he can set himself up offensively in the paint on a consistent basis as well as he can score jumpers. That he can set up his teammates offensively as well as he can pick up guards coming off of pick and rolls on defense. You can build an offense around him and it's effective.

That's not Kevin Love. Not yet. So to me he's not elite. He's extremely efficient on the boards, and can score, and that's what puts in my top 20. But he isn't a top 10 player in the NBA, he just isn't. I don't even consider him a top 15 player.

Dwight Howard had no post game for years, and he's still limited in that regard, yet he earns at least twenty points per game. He's an elite player. Kevin Love is a better defender than you give him credit for, and please stop saying Pau Gasol is an elite player. You put some muscle against him and he's finished. He struggles against Chuck Hayes, who's 6'6.

My Rockets got lucky that they didn't get Gasol. They would have traded twice as much as necessary.

Dwight Howard had no post game for years, and he's still limited in that regard, yet he earns at least twenty points per game. He's an elite player. Kevin Love is a better defender than you give him credit for, and please stop saying Pau Gasol is an elite player. You put some muscle against him and he's finished. He struggles against Chuck Hayes, who's 6'6.

My Rockets got lucky that they didn't get Gasol. They would have traded twice as much as necessary.

Dwight Howard is also the most complete defender in the NBA. Outside of him there is not other dominant defensive player on that team and yet they are always one of the best in the league because of Howard. There is no player in the league who can play defense as well from almost all over the court as Howard can. More then anything else, his complete dominance on defense makes him elite, he is the Magic's defense.

And to do all of that defensively and still be the focal point of your offense, the one who gets all the attention. He still kept his field goal well over 50% and his TO # low. Even without a developed post game, Howard is capable of making his own shot as well as he is capable of setting up his teammates. He has shown it consistently. Totally different case.

And he, Love, may be a good defender but he isn't one of the best at his position, not top 5 defensively. Defensive rebound aside, there is nothing else that he excels in or his above average in at his position defensively. nothing.

Once again, maybe this year he'll prove me wrong, but so far he hasn't shown enough to warrant him being a top 10 player in the NBA.

Dwight Howard is also the most complete defender in the NBA. Outside of him there is not other dominant defensive player on that team and yet they are always one of the best in the league because of Howard. There is no player in the league who can play defense as well from almost all over the court as Howard can. More then anything else, his complete dominance on defense makes him elite, he is the Magic's defense.

And to do all of that defensively and still be the focal point of your offense, the one who gets all the attention. He still kept his field goal well over 50% and his TO # low. Even without a developed post game, Howard is capable of making his own shot as well as he is capable of setting up his teammates. He has shown it consistently. Totally different case.

And he, Love, may be a good defender but he isn't one of the best at his position, not top 5 defensively. Defensive rebound aside, there is nothing else that he excels in or his above average in at his position defensively. nothing.

Once again, maybe this year he'll prove me wrong, but so far he hasn't shown enough to warrant him being a top 10 player in the NBA.

The record for consecutive double doubles didn't convince you? Hmm...something tells me you dislike him for some reason, because if that didn't, what could?

The record for consecutive double doubles didn't convince you? Hmm...something tells me you dislike him for some reason, because if that didn't, what could?

This has nothing to do with how I feel about him. Why would I dislike him? and what does that have to do with anything?

Once again, there is more to playing PF then grabbing boards and scoring.

And Love does not excel in any of those categories, in comparison to the best at his position.

So therefor he's not a top 10 player. How can you put a guy in the top 10 in the ENTIRE LEAGUE with obvious, and glaring holes in his game?

No thx. But if you want to turn a blind eye to it, like I said. By all means.

Dwight Howard

Carmelo Anthony

CP3

Kobe Bryant

Deron(can't think of anybody else)

Dwight Howard

Chris Paul

Carmelo Anthony

Kobe Bryant

Amaire Stoudamire

The list so far.

Dwight Howard (5)

Kobe Bryant (5)

CP3 (5)

Carmelo Anthony (5)

Deron Williams (3)

Kevin Love (1)

Amaire Stoudamire (1)

Poll going up tomorrow yo's...

Edited by DonovanMcnabb for H.O.F

So here's the top 10 as of now:

1. Lebron James

2. Kevin Durant

3. Dwayne Wade

4. Derrick Rose

5. Dirk Nowitzki

6. Dwight Howard

7. Kobe Bryant

8. Chris Paul

9. Carmelo Anthony

10. Deron Williams

A lot of people believe that some of these guys are too high or too low... So before we move on to 10-15, we'll take moment to suggest changes. If enough people agree over the same changes, we'll make them permanent.

---

Personally, I think Howard should be bumped up to #2, and Kobe is bumped up to 4. And Rose and CP3 get flipped.

Yeah, I really don't understand how Howard was so low